Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Integra & 97-01 Integra Type-R (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r-17/)
-   -   My GSR still shakes (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r/233380-my-gsr-still-shakes.html)

guitarswheelies 04-24-2006 01:52 PM

My GSR still shakes

I posted on here a while back about my 95 GSR. It has a jackhammer like vibration at 40 mph under hard acceleration. This is coming from the front of the car. Since then I've changed the left CV axle again, and replaced the side engine mount donuts. I inspected the other engine mounts. This is driving me nuts. Could it be the bearing for the intermediate axle? I noticed that intermediate axle didn't have a clip where it plugs into the diff. Did this part make a positive engagement when you plug it in? The part where the CV axle plugs into the intermediate axle has a clip and it engages fine. Help!!! this is driving me nuts and ruining my fun in the car. You can drive it mellow but that's no fun!

Provocateur 04-24-2006 02:18 PM

Where did you get the replacement axle?

guitarswheelies 04-24-2006 02:45 PM

I got one at National and the one I replaced it with is from Auto Zone.
Is that bad?

Provocateur 04-24-2006 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by guitarswheelies
I got one at National and the one I replaced it with is from Auto Zone.
Is that bad?

Yeah. You got another one with a blown out inner CV joint. Unless you want to buy some aftermarket upgraded axles like I did, you will have to keep swapping it out to find one that isn't blown out.

R_Squared 04-24-2006 03:09 PM

On a related note, I just replaced my driver's side cv axle today and I'm still getting a lot of noise....could this just be road noise from the tires or something?

jaymar88 04-24-2006 03:13 PM

Dis you remember to transfer your outer seals?
Have you double checked all your ball joints/ tie rod ends and hub bearing play?

guitarswheelies 04-24-2006 03:15 PM

So Shmoo are you saying that the rebuilds are junk? I looked at some service stuff online and they mention an inner CV joint as a possible source of vibration.

Can I get a new one from auto zone? Since this part would be new it couldn't be F'ed up right?

jaymar88 04-24-2006 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by guitarswheelies
So Shmoo are you saying that the rebuilds are junk? I looked at some service stuff online and they mention an inner CV joint as a possible source of vibration.

Can I get a new one from auto zone? Since this part would be new it couldn't be F'ed up right?

The parts are not new but rebuilt. Eitherway, I doubt you got 2 bad rebuilt axles.

Autozone has lifetime warranty, so exchange is no big deal. I'd double check all other sources as well.

R_Squared 04-24-2006 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by jaymar88
Dis you remember to transfer your outer seals?
Have you double checked all your ball joints/ tie rod ends and hub bearing play?

transfer the outer seals? please explain. :thinking:

guitarswheelies 04-24-2006 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by red94teg
transfer the outer seals? please explain. :thinking:

Huh? transfer outer seals?

Are you suggesting that the ball joints could be really weak? I've never really owned a FWD car(only Beemers and a 240sx in current times)

The service stuff I was looking at online also suggested loose suspension parts as a cause.