Notices

Integra LS misfire??

Old 02-25-2006, 03:53 PM
watmeworry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integra LS misfire??

I have a 94 Integra with 62000 miles. It's an AT,AC, PS,PB. Recent tune-up. Today, it began a very subtle misfire through all speeds. It idles rough, but is able to maintain it's idle of about 750. There is no visible smoke or exhaust from the pipe. There is spark in all cylinders. all plugs have clean white porc. around the electrodes with the exception of number three which is a good tan color. All plugs are clean. the distributor is solid and clean with no cracks. The rotor is fine. All vacuum lines are solid and tight.
I think I may have an injector problem. Do you have any history with the diagnosis of this problem? Any ideas where I can go from here?
Old 02-25-2006, 04:14 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

wow u checked out a lot of it... most of my suggestions would be in your post... ummm timing :dunno: could also be the injectors... are u throwing random misfire code at all?
Old 02-25-2006, 04:29 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm having a similar problem. I think I may have a bad injector but I don't know for sure. I hope someone can shine some light on this. I'm not really throwing any codes that could be related to this issue.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:56 PM
watmeworry

Nope...I'm not throwing any codes...too bad it's an OBD-1....If was a 2 It'd probably tell me something....If I don't determine the cause of my probs by Monday, it'll go to the guys at Acura.
I'm thinking that one of my injectors is shooting a bad pattern and is possibly restricted, 'cause they're all working.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:07 AM
watmeworry

Default Problem corrected....

Yes, my problem was with my injector(s).......
I've corrected my problem. I poured an entire can of Seafoam in the gas tank....then filled up. I drove about 7-8 miles on a very rough running car. The car sat all night. The Seafoam apparently had time to emulsify any deposits creating a bad pattern (or operation) on the injector, because the car, just about 20 hours later, runs like new.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:12 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

good...ur a true testament to sea foam
Old 02-27-2006, 12:11 AM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow...sounds like the quick fix my car needs! How much does this Seafoam stuff run and where can I get it?