Notices

What would you do? What do you have? What would you do?

Old 12-20-2005, 11:48 PM
ACT I

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you do? What do you have? What would you do?

I have just got not installed yet (well waiting for rear ) Hawk break pads all the way around.

????? Was recomened AEM

Was thinking powerslot rotors $350 all tha way around(has any 1 heard a better price)
Performance store recomended cheaper rotors (BREMBO rotors but company drilled and slots them) $260

Ground control coil overs 375 A( r skunk2 325)

Kybagx shocks (115 a piece )
Old 12-21-2005, 08:18 AM
KaBlookie
4-doors ROCK

hawk brake pads will serve you well...I've heard quite a bit of good stuff about them, but I haven't read anything on the AEMs.

powerslot rotors are good, but you don't need them in the rear unless you want them there just for show. the rear rotors aren't used enough to warrant the purchase of fancy rotors.

stay away from those brembos...when rotors are drilled after they are manufactured, especially when it's some random dudes who do it, it greatly reduces the life and strength of the rotor. if you never do hard driving, then okay, but if you're ever having fun in your car, stay away from those. Brembo makes slotted rotors, so if you're looking for slotted rotors, you can go with either Brembo or PowerSlot.

I personally have brembo slotted front rotors and Axxis Ultimate brake pads all around, and I love the combo, but like I said, stay away from those "drilled and slotted" brembos cause they'll be much weaker and more likely to crack under hard braking than Brembo slotted rotors or PowerSlot rotors.

as for the coilovers, I've heard a lot of people saying they like the GC coilovers and they like the AGXs, but I'm not certain about the combo, so I can't really say anything more here.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:18 AM
rugsr
How do my taillights look

do you plan on just driving for street, just drag, rally?
I HAVE brembo blanks WHICH i didnt think were gonna be good but i love them, also have axxis pads which the car stops on a dime. the slotted/drilled will stop faster but it will eat your pads to shitz. i would go brembo blanks, but thats just me
Old 12-21-2005, 08:53 AM
daschwa

From what I've read, the slots or holes put in rotors are only there to help gasses that build up extreme temps escape so they don't get between the pad and rotor. So unless you're performing on road tracks or really really like the look of holes or slots, I'd go with good pads and normal rotors and save the money for something else, maybe steel lines.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:42 AM
ACT I

THANKS 4 THE INFO MY sorry bout caps got some slotted rotors of a teg at our local u pull all the way around 4 like 70 bucks