Notices

jackson supercharger in gsr?

Old 11-03-2005, 02:29 PM
BADST GS-R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™
Let's keep this relevant to the Integra, please. Thank you.

And I'd like to go on record briefly:
* Aside from the horror story about Moss Motors being less than stellar with regard to servicing and supporting the JRSC line, there aren't any drastic fundamental flaws with the idea of using a positive-displacement Roots or Eaton-type supercharger on a B-series motor.

* That said, the centrifugal superchargers (Vortech being a good example) have had rather poor results with the B-series. They add significant power on the top end, but do little to help torque off the line. Conversely, they work beautifully on small-block V8s, as they aid high-rpm power (where OHV motors tend to get a little wheezy.)
This is relevant....
Originally Posted by BADST GS-R
Not true. Yes... you can "turn up the boost" on a turbo. But if you don't have the engine modifications to support the increase cylinder pressure, you'll wind up hurting the engine. If you did do some major upgrades to the engine for more boost, that same turbo might not be the proper turbo for the new application. Just because you can run 8-10 psi on a stock engine, it's very possible that "turning up the boost" on that particular turbo may not benefit you as well as you might think with the new engine. A turbo can lose it's effectiveness if not matched properly to the engine.

As far as being limited on boost options on a supercharger, a simple pulley swap will give you the added boost that you need. Keep in mind that a supercharger does have it's limitations how my many rpms (not engine rpms, but supercharger rpms) it can spin. If you are reaching the maximum rpms that a supercharger can be spun, it's best to upgrade your supercharger as you do not want to over-spin the supercharger as damage may occur and it will lose it's efficiency.
I just provided a few video clips since a few guys mentioned they liked the sound of a supercharger.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:55 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

This is relevant....

I just provided a few video clips since a few guys mentioned they liked the sound of a supercharger.
Agreed. No problem with the tech discussion.
It's the vids that made me raise the issue.
We don't want to start comparing apples to oranges... a centrifugal SC will have very different results with our dinky little fours. h:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 11-03-2005, 03:24 PM
Brar
|:]

i didnt know SCs were carb legal...r they?

wat kind of SC has a good gain for our little b-series?
Old 11-03-2005, 03:45 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by [Damnit]
i didnt know SCs were carb legal...r they?

wat kind of SC has a good gain for our little b-series?
Re: CARB Legality - It depends on the car. For your G2, it's the Jackson Racing superchargers. They won't turn your B18A into a 12 second street demon, but they will do a nice job for street use.

I was considering one for my DC4, but decided it wasn't worth the $3K invesment in a wrong-wheel drive platform. h:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 11-03-2005, 07:52 PM
BADST GS-R

Re: CARB Legality - It depends on the car. For your G2, it's the Jackson Racing superchargers. They won't turn your B18A into a 12 second street demon, but they will do a nice job for street use.

I was considering one for my DC4, but decided it wasn't worth the $3K invesment in a wrong-wheel drive platform. h:
Procharger makes a nice little kit. I think I am going to install one on my GS-R in the spring.

Procharger Sport Compact
http://www.procharger.com/SPORT_COMP..._compact.shtml

Old 11-03-2005, 09:50 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Procharger makes a nice little kit. I think I am going to install one on my GS-R in the spring.

Procharger Sport Compact
http://www.procharger.com/SPORT_COMP..._compact.shtml

If you spend all your time on the secondary cam lobes, that Procharger will definitely suit your needs. :thumbup:

OTOH, I'm biased in favor of the positive displacement blowers. As I spend more time in my VTEC-deprived DC4, I'm becoming a bigger fan of useable torque down low. The thought of waiting for 4000rpm or so isn't my cup of tea. h:

Hell, I'm already looking at a replacement for the DC4.
Hint: it has a V8.

Old 11-04-2005, 05:28 AM
Brar

OTOH, I'm biased in favor of the positive displacement blowers. As I spend more time in my VTEC-deprived DC4, I'm becoming a bigger fan of useable torque down low. The thought of waiting for 4000rpm or so isn't my cup of tea. h:

Hell, I'm already looking at a replacement for the DC4.
Hint: it has a V8.
:a: no

so is the jackson racing kit carb legal?

edit: nvm it is, i was at their site and saw this graph

im guessing the line that starts from the bottom is the supercharged b18, but y is it so low compared to a stock b18? i thought superchargers helped in the low end...
Old 11-04-2005, 07:38 AM
BADST GS-R

I my eyes, I don't want a lot of low end torque being that these cars will just spin the tires off of the line. Currently, my GS-R has terrible 60 foot times. I guess I am spoiled with getting 1.4 60 foot times with my Firebird. Granted, I haven't done anything to the suspension as I like the way my Integra rides now. But these cars aren't going to get good 60 foot times anyway (compared to what I get with my Firebird). What's a good 60 foot time for one of these cars away? 2.0 seconds? I'd be willing to sacrifice a little low end grunt as it won't be put to the pavement very well anyway. What good is any power if you can't put it down on the pavement?
Old 11-04-2005, 03:25 PM
Brar

could anyone with SC experience please pm or tell me who r u so i could pm u?

only tell me if u want to help
Old 11-04-2005, 05:33 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Vortech makes one for civic and integra too. Just a thought...