Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Integra & 97-01 Integra Type-R (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r-17/)
-   -   Integra performance help (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r/191905-integra-performance-help.html)

97-tegowner 06-04-2005 12:52 PM

Integra performance help

I need help I am going to be coming into $1000 in sept. i am looking for the most safe hp i can get no nos. can anyone help i have friends that can help with installs so i just need the parts. thanks for the info.

TheOtherDave™ 06-04-2005 12:58 PM

If nitrous oxide is out of the question, then I'd look into building up the cylinder head. Cams, Port & polish, along with a full exhaust an intake manifold upgrade.

What year and model of Integra do you own?

carta79 06-04-2005 12:59 PM

Well it's good that you stated your budget but you need to answer some additional questions.

What model Integra are we working with here?
Where do you want the powerband location? Most likely top end power right.
Would saving up your money for a turbo kit be out of the question?

A turbo Integra running 6-7psi with good tuning would be "safe" hp.

97-tegowner 06-04-2005 01:59 PM

I own a 97 ls i was looking into turbo but if i can get better gains building my head for a turbo later that would be good because i am not good at saving. any other options

TheOtherDave™ 06-04-2005 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by carta79
Well it's good that you stated your budget but you need to answer some additional questions.

What model Integra are we working with here?
Where do you want the powerband location? Most likely top end power right.
Would saving up your money for a turbo kit be out of the question?

A turbo Integra running 6-7psi with good tuning would be "safe" hp.

Good luck building a turbo system with adequate management for under $1K. :) And if (CA) smog is a concern, a homebrew turbo is entirely out of the question.

carta79 06-04-2005 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™
Good luck building a turbo system with adequate management for under $1K. :) And if (CA) smog is a concern, a homebrew turbo is entirely out of the question.

I stated "would saving money" for a turbo kit be out of the question. Nowhere in my previous post did I say that he could get a kit with management for under $1k. :)

TheOtherDave™ 06-04-2005 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by carta79
I stated "would saving money" for a turbo kit be out of the question. Nowhere in my previous post did I say that he could get a kit with management for under $1k. :)

Yes. I know. :)

I was only making a related comment. :oh:

denraweb 06-04-2005 11:53 PM

Intake, headers, exhaust, cam gears, cam shafts, intake mani (bigger bore of course), valve job, rockers, high compression pistons, port and polish...you wont be able to get this for under 1k, but you can get at least half. Enjoy!

shabacash 06-05-2005 12:22 AM

put the money in a savings bank with good interest rates, and wait for a turbo/sc set up, so u wont have to bother selling all the gunk you buy for it in teh first place.