Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Integra & 97-01 Integra Type-R (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r-17/)
-   -   GSR swap into LS (have some questions) (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r/168724-gsr-swap-into-ls-have-some-questions.html)

j87w 12-17-2004 03:31 PM

GSR swap into LS (have some questions)

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about.. how much faster my 2dr 95 LS would be if I swap a gsr in it. Right now it has a AEM Cold Air, DC Sports 4-1 Header, Trust Catback exhaust, Fidanza Flywheel, Exedy stage 1 Clutch that would all be swapped over to the gsr. Im gonna get the full swap. Right now it runs about a 15.7. What times can I be looking for if I put the GSR in it with those mods? Thanks

teg92 12-17-2004 05:50 PM

why not just get a turbo for the LS instead of the GSR swap? But if you get the GSR the car will be alot faster

j87w 12-17-2004 05:56 PM

Anyone know how much faster? Im going for N/A.

teg92 12-17-2004 05:57 PM

the ls has 140hp and the GSR has 170Hp

LT 12-17-2004 06:20 PM

actually, the clutch won't fit the GSR motor. I did the GSR swap one year ago in my LS - and I love it! of course i'm still in the process of repairing some minor things

j87w 12-17-2004 08:48 PM

Damn, why not? What all things did you have to change and stuff. I know it will bolt right up to my stock mounts. But what wiring changes did you have to change. Im using the stock gsr manifold so I know I would have to wire that up and my vtec. Is there anything else I should be aware of as in changing and such.
Thanks

DVPGSR 12-17-2004 08:53 PM

Are you getting a USDM or JDM motor? We swapped a JDM B18C motor into my buddies Civic and there was some special wiring we had to do to get VTEC to engage properly.

LT 12-17-2004 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by j87w
Damn, why not? What all things did you have to change and stuff. I know it will bolt right up to my stock mounts. But what wiring changes did you have to change. Im using the stock gsr manifold so I know I would have to wire that up and my vtec. Is there anything else I should be aware of as in changing and such.
Thanks

you will need the GSR throttle cable. you have to wire in the VTEC oil pressure solenoid, the coolant temp solenoid, IAB, knock sensor, and something else. i wired them straight to the ECU, not through the engine/body harnesses. be sure you connected all the heater hoses to the firewall. also, while the engine is out - replace the PCV valve. you might also want to replace the rear main oil seal as preventative maintenence

VPUPPY 12-18-2004 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by LT69Padawan6
you will need the GSR throttle cable. you have to wire in the VTEC oil pressure solenoid, the coolant temp solenoid, IAB, knock sensor, and something else. i wired them straight to the ECU, not through the engine/body harnesses. be sure you connected all the heater hoses to the firewall. also, while the engine is out - replace the PCV valve. you might also want to replace the rear main oil seal as preventative maintenence

ya make sure you chage that oil seal, cuz if it goes you need to drop the transmission to change.

j87w 12-18-2004 01:56 PM

So how much faster in terms of time can I be looking forwards to?