Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Integra & 97-01 Integra Type-R (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r-17/)
-   -   ITR new clutch time..what should i replace it with?? (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r/164876-itr-new-clutch-time-what-should-i-replace-it-with.html)

PikkaGTR 11-17-2004 08:25 PM

ITR new clutch time..what should i replace it with??

hey everyone
it's about time to change my clutch setup
anyrecomendations on what to buy in terms of something NOT OEM
not too much "race" clutch either
im just looking for something that might perform a little better than stock but still good at low speed acceleration
anything would be helpfull
thnks in advance :D

civicsi1 11-18-2004 06:53 AM

Exeddy All The Way!!!!!

Hey if you dont want nothing to "race" get a stage 1 exeddy organic clutch...Best bag for the buck...

mark 11-18-2004 12:54 PM

yup!

Originally Posted by civicsi1
Hey if you dont want nothing to "race" get a stage 1 exeddy organic clutch...Best bag for the buck...

I agree, although i went with an ACT organtic disc, exctreme pressure plate and 9 pound chromoly fly-wheel combo. I'd say as long as you stay away from puck style discs and aluminum fly-wheels you should be good, in terms of what it seemes your looking for.

bambbrose 12-07-2004 06:03 PM

Action 1OD is what I'm getting for my b16 hatch. although not an itr, similar engine and similar needs. It's a little more than the exedy oe price wise, but it's got a better pressure plate and a comparable disc. pretty much just like an exedy but slightly better for slightly more money

twinring 01-02-2005 10:57 PM

clutch masters FX 300 with aluminum flywheel

George Knighton 01-03-2005 08:00 AM

The original poster said he didn't want OEM, but, honestly, the OEM clutch is good for over 220 wheel (Dynojet) HP, so I'd really recommending replacing OEM with OEM.

If you order OEM parts from someone like Len at the Honda Store at Baranco Acura in Atlanta, it's also quite cheap compared to the alternatives.

Although my car's on the track quite a bit, I think the OEM clutch is just fine. Still on OEM flywheel, too. :)

Dave-ROR 01-03-2005 08:58 AM

I have a GS-R, but I'm using an ACT. Feels/acts like stock but I get sick of the OEM ones breaking springs (including my original one).

Having said that, OEM does function just fine.

nsxtasy 01-03-2005 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by George Knighton
The original poster said he didn't want OEM, but, honestly, the OEM clutch is good for over 220 wheel (Dynojet) HP, so I'd really recommending replacing OEM with OEM.

If you order OEM parts from someone like Len at the Honda Store at Baranco Acura in Atlanta, it's also quite cheap compared to the alternatives.

Although my car's on the track quite a bit, I think the OEM clutch is just fine. Still on OEM flywheel, too. :)

:werd:

sensei 01-03-2005 11:08 AM

CM stage 3, stock flywheel.

Virtually stock-like engagement, but holds more than double the stock power. I would buy another CM3 in a heartbeat.

pUrExTc 01-03-2005 07:51 PM

i'm about due for a new clutch too. i'm gonna go with ACT i think.