Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Integra & 97-01 Integra Type-R (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r-17/)
-   -   Noise when pressing gas (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r/161846-noise-when-pressing-gas.html)

yurey 10-27-2004 11:38 AM

Noise when pressing gas

Help folks. New to the forum and tuning.
When pressing the gas at low speed and letting go I can hear a crunching noise from mid-front. Sounds like tranny..but I am no mechanic. All opinions welcome. :confused:

94civicEX 10-27-2004 11:41 AM

Does it feel like the transmission is slipping and catching? Is your car auto or manual? Year and mileage?

newgsrdriver 10-27-2004 11:47 AM

Does the grind increase with RPM?

You say, when letting go, does that mean upon decelleration, you hear a grind? What about acceleration, does it grind as well?

dubcac 10-27-2004 12:36 PM

Does it sound like a gear grinding type noise, or a metal on metal clanking sound?

yurey 10-27-2004 12:47 PM

its an auto, 2001 46.5K. its a metal crunching/creaking.
sounds like if you were rubbing a steel cabel on a steel plate.
happens when pressing and letting go of accelerator.

with increased RPM - can't hear...loud engine

does feel like the tranny is slipping and catching...but on an auto..or is that actually why?

94civicEX 10-27-2004 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by yurey
its an auto, 2001 46.5K. its a metal crunching/creaking.
sounds like if you were rubbing a steel cabel on a steel plate.
happens when pressing and letting go of accelerator.

with increased RPM - can't hear...loud engine

does feel like the tranny is slipping and catching...but on an auto..or is that actually why?

Your warranty should be 48 months/ 50,000 miles. Take it to the dealership. That would be your torque convertor catching. Have you checked the fluid?

dubcac 10-27-2004 01:28 PM

Since you said you only hear it at low speeds, is it because of the torque and jerking of being on and off the gas quickly?

TheOtherDave™ 10-27-2004 02:06 PM

Sounds like a internal problem with the transmission to me.
Get to teh dealership (soon) and have it handled before your warranty expires.

yurey 10-27-2004 03:03 PM

thanks people. now I have something to tell the dealer. will let ya'll know what it was if they fix it (so far they have not been able to identify any issues unles pointed out specifically.)

thanks.

ps. the issue does occur when pressing and releasing the gas in one motion (no matter quick or slow. that just varies how long I hear the noise)

94civicEX 10-27-2004 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by yurey
thanks people. now I have something to tell the dealer. will let ya'll know what it was if they fix it (so far they have not been able to identify any issues unles pointed out specifically.)

thanks.

ps. the issue does occur when pressing and releasing the gas in one motion (no matter quick or slow. that just varies how long I hear the noise)

Make them drive your car with you in it or vice versa.