Notices

Newbie looking to buy, opinions would help!!!!

Old 08-09-2002, 08:25 AM
stallion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie looking to buy, opinions would help!!!!

Well just joined the site cause I am in the market for an integra.

I had to sell my mustang a while back to make room for an SUV (kids and all). Now that's pretty much paid for, I want to get something I can drive everyday and still have fun in it. I liked my mustang, it was fast as hell, handled fairly well, BUT only got 18 mpg around town so........ Plus all my friends have them and want something different.
I have always loved the looks of the tegs and the performance they can make. So I guess that's why I am here.

Anyways, I just wanted to ask you opinions on the Integras. I did a search and found many different inputs on specific year models, but I was wondering what the best year to get based on: lleast amount of problems, performance, ease of upgrading, etc.

Now I have a max of about 15k I want to spend on car and parts, so with the help of all your knowledge, maybe someone can help me out.

Thanks for your help.
mike

OH btw, I have a bud at work who knows someone selling a 94 LS black on black for 4k, he just needs to get rid of it. in good shape and like 72k miles.
Old 08-09-2002, 09:46 AM
redGSRguy

You could look for a 4-door gsr and get intake/header/exhaust for some basic performance. 4 door would make life way easier getting your kids in back and what not.
Old 08-09-2002, 11:08 AM
stallion

A four doot would be nice, but not necassary. I have the SUV and my wife has a 01 Accord EX, so the kids can crawl in there.

Sorry, I should have said that this will be my toy/personal car.

So a two door would be better. But the intake exhaust and header would be a definite.
Old 08-09-2002, 11:26 AM
pomansouth

ok if you could get a hold of a 96 gsr i think that would be the best because it had the lightest rims last year with obd1 so you can chip if you want and since it was the last year with the obd1 it will probably have the least amount of miles. the only problem with integras is that they have down pipe rattles very easily solved by taking the heat shield off. other then that you should be golden just my opinion but if you dont want that high insurance then go with rs because of sturdier frame due to no sunroof and lighter due to limited options and bost the hell out of it cause the ls tranny takes boost better then does the gsr and ls motors already have low enough compression to boost pretty high
just my thoughts
steven
Old 08-09-2002, 11:48 AM
stallion

Hmm, don't know if I want to boos the car or not. But I do know that, like my stang, I definitely want it to handle.

The difference between a GSR and LS is just the VTEC and compression right??? and a few other things.

But if a LS is cheaper than that would mean more money for mods

thanks for your replies guys, and keep them coming.

thanks
mike
Old 08-09-2002, 12:47 PM
ur31337
Colby

I bought an LS, and I really wanted a GSR. I just couldn't find one.

Honestly, I'd take the time & find a GSR. You'll thank me later.
Old 08-09-2002, 09:38 PM
Bookshelf
highrevmotorsports.com

I do not know how extreme you wanna go with the modifications but here are some ideas.

If I were you I would get a '94-'95 Integra, doesn't matter if it's LS or GS, not GS-R though 'cause you will have to spend all your money just for the car, and swap a new engine in like a B16 or B18.

Or you could also get a '90-'93 Interga and do the same thing, I own one and I love it.

If you do not wanna do a swap, just get a car with the least miles on it and get some of your basic bolt-ons, maybe even a turbo.

Integras handle great. If you get some strut bars and other stuff, it would be the ultimate handling mashine.
Old 08-10-2002, 04:45 AM
daNattyFatty

if it's handling that you're after, splurge by getting the gs-r, and then worry about the suspension mods. the suspension components will be the same price, so why not get a good deal more power when you can?
Old 08-10-2002, 08:23 PM
gen2ls/vtec
FOR ME TO POOP ON!

96 gsr i think that would be the best because it had the lightest rims last year with obd1
btw obd1 was used form 92-95.

Being a fan of the DA(90-93) body style more than the newer integras, i would go for a 92-93 GS-R. One of if not the rarest integra made and you should be able to find one for around 3-6k dpending on milage and condition.

Other than that, if youre going for performance, 94-95 gsr. Or for style other than the DA body style, the 99&up you might like the way the slight differences in the fascia make the car look

good luck with your purchase

:rockon:
Old 08-11-2002, 05:38 AM
pomansouth

i had second thoughts about that but thanx for clearing i up (obd1 used for last year)

Quick Reply: Newbie looking to buy, opinions would help!!!!