Notices

Best turbo setup for a B18B?(ls motor)

Old 04-16-2004, 05:00 PM
KKTPP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best turbo setup for a B18B?(ls motor)

what in your opinion is the best turbo setup/bang for its buck for a 95 integra LS motor?

like which company and why?

OR

what turbo setup do you have on your car and is it good?

thank you

kk
Old 04-16-2004, 10:07 PM
ls_101
integra fs

rev hard stage 2
Old 04-17-2004, 08:27 AM
KKTPP

Originally Posted by ls_101
rev hard stage 2

do you own this? why do you belive this is such a great setup?

i heard GREDDY is amazing.. but then again they are hellofa expensive :/

i got about a $3000 budget... help ppl plz
ty
Old 04-17-2004, 09:12 AM
ragerized
dc4 ownerages

i was wondering the same thing as this guy. basically, im more concerned with which turbos are basically the best suited for the ls engine. (like which trim and a/r ratio)
Old 04-17-2004, 11:08 AM
newgsrdriver

Rev Hard and Drag are both good kits. Ive also seen people making some good power with the Spark kits w/ITS turbos.

I would skip Greddy....no point in paying that much for a small turbo, no intercooler and half ass fuel management. The only benefit to the Greddy kit is an incredibly easy installation, and SMOG legality if you dont add an IC.

Drag comes with a nice kit...efficient Spearco IC, nice piping, nice sized T3/T04...the only downside is the manifold, which has the wastegate placed over one runner, which can sometimes cause it to not hold boost at high RPMs (ie creep). Some people experience this with less backpressure (ie 3" exhaust) and some people never see it. When I was running open DP, I CERTAINLY saw insane creeping with the Drag mani. The Deltagate also isnt the best if you plan to keep the Drag mani...you'll want to upgrade to a Tial.

RH is also nice...great manifold, excellent turbos (some kits come with Precisions if you specify...sc34's if I remember right). Turbosmart WGs are money as well. The only downside is the piping and the Vortech BOV which some people have expressed displeasure with.

Or you could go custom, like importparts new make your own turbokit feature. There's other kits that are better and worse, but these are the top kits in the "affordable" range IMO.
Old 04-17-2004, 11:19 AM
EJcivic02
I talk Before I think

Originally Posted by newgsrdriver
Rev Hard and Drag are both good kits. Ive also seen people making some good power with the Spark kits w/ITS turbos.

I would skip Greddy....no point in paying that much for a small turbo, no intercooler and half ass fuel management. The only benefit to the Greddy kit is an incredibly easy installation, and SMOG legality if you dont add an IC.

Drag comes with a nice kit...efficient Spearco IC, nice piping, nice sized T3/T04...the only downside is the manifold, which has the wastegate placed over one runner, which can sometimes cause it to not hold boost at high RPMs (ie creep). Some people experience this with less backpressure (ie 3" exhaust) and some people never see it. When I was running open DP, I CERTAINLY saw insane creeping with the Drag mani. The Deltagate also isnt the best if you plan to keep the Drag mani...you'll want to upgrade to a Tial.

RH is also nice...great manifold, excellent turbos (some kits come with Precisions if you specify...sc34's if I remember right). Turbosmart WGs are money as well. The only downside is the piping and the Vortech BOV which some people have expressed displeasure with.

Or you could go custom, like importparts new make your own turbokit feature. There's other kits that are better and worse, but these are the top kits in the "affordable" range IMO.
good information :goodjob:

what kind of numbers were you putting down with the Drag kit?(if i understood right) did you like the kit and when did it hit full boost?

what are these said Spark Kits? never heard of them :thinking:
Old 04-17-2004, 02:58 PM
newgsrdriver

www.sparkracing.com

Their kits now come with a Innovative T3/T04e 60trim Stage III...nice turbo. Drags come with a Turbonetics T3/T04e 54 Trim Stage III if I remember right. The Innovative should flow better up top but take a bit longer to spool. Probably not even noticeable difference in spooltime. Lag isnt a big deal with either kit.

Here is my dyno (sorry its small, 247/174@7PSI):

Im not sure exactly where I reach full boost but you can get an idea from the dyno. Its quick enough that I dont notice, it just picks up and hauls. Again, lag is something thats totally blown out of proportion, I wouldnt consider it with any of the turbos that comes with these kits. Those #'s are basically a Drag kit, 2.5" Testpipe, 60mm exhaust w/chambered muffler (nice restriction, but Im not ready to ditch it yet :P), Hondata S200B, DSM 450's and good tuning.
Old 04-17-2004, 03:24 PM
txhatch
I hate 2003 Noobs.

I'd skip the spark kit or at least replace the manifold. They are very prone to boost spike.
Old 04-17-2004, 04:51 PM
newgsrdriver

I believe the manifolds have 2 versions...the newer ones use thicker steel, although I'd still brace it for sure. Have you run into boost creep with the Spark mani? I havent heard of any issues with creep....the wastegate flange completely falling off, yes, but creep no :P

The thing that bugs me about the Spark kits is that its so hyped directly from the salespeople moreso than from the public. I dont see too many non-biased non-affiliated people with these kits putting up good numbers.

I too would rank the Spark kit below the Drag/RH, but I have seen promising #'s from them recently (probably due to that nice peak flow from the ITS turbo).
Old 04-17-2004, 09:40 PM
ls_101
integra fs

Originally Posted by KKTPP
do you own this? why do you belive this is such a great setup?

i heard GREDDY is amazing.. but then again they are hellofa expensive :/

i got about a $3000 budget... help ppl plz
ty

my friend has it on his gsr, another friend bought it for his rsx-s, i dont have it, im piecing my own together, everything i want, not what comes in a kit, greddy is to expensive, and u have to buy the ic seperate, but the rev hard is a good kit

Quick Reply: Best turbo setup for a B18B?(ls motor)