Notices

#1329 may be sick......

Old 11-10-2003, 09:59 AM
RGoose18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the story, I checked my dipstick and it showed the oil was about a quart low, so I ran to wally world, grabbed a quart of M1-5-30 and threw it in. After checking the dipstick later that day it was at least a quart over, it must have not been level the first time I checked :x I drove it for about 30 (very hard) miles w/ the oil too high. Now after I drained it and put the recommended 4.2 in, it seems to lag, especially in vtec. Above 5800, the engagement and engine scream is there, but the power isn't. Any suggestions as to what's causing this? Oil in the cylinders, busted seal? Any comments are appreciated in advance. -Ryan
Old 11-10-2003, 11:56 AM
RGoose18

bump for a legitimate question...................
Old 11-10-2003, 03:21 PM
jinbooson

Get your car checked out ASAP this same thing happened to me about a week ago then everything just started working fine again but then today while i was testing out my new ice box the same thing happened again but this time worse smoke was coming out of my exhast and the car felt like it was slowing dying now i might have major damage to my piston rings etc etc its in the shop now so i'll get all the info tomar on the damage this really sucks
Old 11-10-2003, 03:32 PM
jinbooson

I also heard it could be the VTEC soanoid (sp?)
Old 11-10-2003, 08:43 PM
RGoose18

Originally Posted by jinbooson
Get your car checked out ASAP this same thing happened to me about a week ago then everything just started working fine again but then today while i was testing out my new ice box the same thing happened again but this time worse smoke was coming out of my exhast and the car felt like it was slowing dying now i might have major damage to my piston rings etc etc its in the shop now so i'll get all the info tomar on the damage this really sucks
How much did you overfill the oil by? Also, what was yours doing besides smoking?
Old 11-11-2003, 08:07 AM
01ITR640

Mine one day did the same thing so i paniced went to acura bought a quart of mobil 1 5w30 synthetic(thats what i use) came home and checked it and it seemed to be alright i never did add any oil but its held its level. When ever i do get my oil changed though i have acura reset the ECU. It always seems to give it a little extra power they may have been losed do to a bad tank of gas. That might help your situation.