Notices

Please help!!!!!......just installed AEM CAI.....whistling

Old 11-05-2002, 01:11 PM
bbqman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All Honda/Acuras have a whistling sound that is due to the position of the throttle plate at certain angles and the idle valve.
The reason you don't hear it with the stock air box, is because it (air box) was designed by honda to deaden all and any noise coming from the intake.
Have you notices the maze of ports and tubing that makes up an OE air box? Well the noise is loss there.
The more straight through design that your CAI or short ram is ....the more the whistle is heard.
Can't get rid of it, so live with it. As for the air leaks, yes, most likely someone had too much to drink!
Old 11-07-2002, 03:50 AM
paul98itr

It is possible the engineer didn't know so he made up some bs answer but I know my buddy wouldn't lie. Aj, I'll make sure and tell him to slap the shit out of this guy!
Old 11-07-2002, 07:11 AM
Chris N

The whistling is normal and is due to the increased flow of air through the throttle plate and TB. The stock airbox does the same thing, although it is very faint. The AEM's whistle is very loud. I thought it was pretty neat, but have no whistle with my J's intake now.

I'm 105% sure that there is no air leaking through any gasket....
Old 11-28-2002, 02:56 AM
ALLMOTORB18c5

i used to have that same noise, but when i changed my throttle body to a 70mm spoon tb it was gone.
Old 11-28-2002, 10:42 AM
pUrExTc
殺生丸

It's normal...i think i posted this in another topic before this one...like 3 days ago...