Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Integra & 97-01 Integra Type-R (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r-17/)
-   -   250 supercharged hp? give it to me straight, doc..... (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r/11341-250-supercharged-hp-give-it-to-me-straight-doc.html)

sinfestboy 07-25-2002 05:31 PM

250 supercharged hp? give it to me straight, doc.....

ok, im lookin towards a supercharged GS-R..... I would do all the work myself.... Im still thinking of what kind of sc I want.....

ok, so give it to me straight, how much would it cost to have a safe 250 supercharged hp in a GS-R.... Not including price of the car...

Excelesor 07-25-2002 05:58 PM

try using a search next time since its been asked many times. You could've just scrolled down and theres a thread of a guy with a dynochart of his supercharged integra.

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...threadid=10810

the cost will vary since you going to need to get some stuff along with the SC. you going to get the SC, upgrade the clutch, exhuast, jr boost upgrade, vafc, guages, etc etc. it would be at least 3500+ more than likely 4000-5000maybe even more, depends where you buy your stuff and the brands you get too.
SC will cost around 2500-3000 + upgrade boost controller, fuel controller, clutch, flywheel, , headers, exhuast etc etc. that if your car is completely bone stock.
If you don't mind going turbo importparts has a good drag turbo package which comes with alot of the stuff your going to need for around 3000-3500 , plus some other stuff.

sinfestboy 07-25-2002 06:27 PM

I asked how much it would cost, thanks for that part, but you wasted your energy telling what mods I needed.... Im a sports big car guy, mainly nissans and Rotaries, but Im just getting into hondas.

And I sure as hell wouldnt turbo a honda engine.... it would have less down low than a rotary!

anyways, I need some reccomendations as far as which sc to go with..... Im torn between JR and vortech.... looking at 10-12 psi.

DB7 2.0 07-25-2002 06:28 PM

go turbo and swap in a LS tranny :thumbup:

DB7 2.0 07-25-2002 06:28 PM

Originally posted by sinfestboy

And I sure as hell wouldnt turbo a honda engine.... it would have less down low than a rotary!

:eh: :down:

Excelesor 07-25-2002 06:33 PM

heh my bad thats cool, since we get alot of the same questions asked many times.

Hey you wanna also check out honda-tech they have a really useful and helpful force induction forum. though alot of them may be bias towards turbo.

DVPGSR 07-25-2002 06:53 PM

The SC you choose depends on what you want. The Vortech has all of its power in the top end. Otherwise the JR puts out more power in the middle of the power band...where you would use it most during DD. A friend of mine has a vortech SC for his maxima...you only feel it kick in for the last 1000 grands worth of RPM...he already says it was not worth it and wants to sell it.

I would get the JR...but that, of course, is only my opinion.

sinfestboy 07-25-2002 06:55 PM

oh, also, I want to put on nitrous with a window between 4-6k.

And thanks to some other people, Im going with JR.

the only reason Im not going turbo is because if I wanted complicated and high maintenance, I would get a S5 TII RX-7 (too many letters and numbers?)

sinfestboy 07-27-2002 03:01 PM

ok, tell me if this sounds good:

JR SC with boost upgrade
high flow filter
total 3 in. exhaust (too wide?)
clutch
Valvetrain overhaul (damn you best motoring! you have given me desires I never wanted!!!)
Nitrous Kit (50 shot)
Window (4-6k)

What do I need to be safe?
resleeve?
Pistons?
Con-Rods?
Crank?

iNteGraz92 07-27-2002 08:22 PM

Originally posted by sinfestboy
oh, also, I want to put on nitrous with a window between 4-6k.

And thanks to some other people, Im going with JR.

the only reason Im not going turbo is because if I wanted complicated and high maintenance, I would get a S5 TII RX-7 (too many letters and numbers?)

:doh:
just say the year, its MUCH easier
:p