Notices

!!Opinions Welcomed!!

Old 12-10-2003, 09:24 AM
JGordon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

13,500 for a 99 GSR sounds kind of expensive. I looked up the blue book, and it said $11,225 from a private party.

Blue Book

Don't pay more for it just because it has mods. That essentially means that the guy liked to drive his car, which is a bad thing. You want a Sunday-driver grandma car that never passed 4k rpm. Either keep looking for a cheaper GSR, or bargain the price down a little on the 98 LS and spend the money you saved on mods.
Old 12-10-2003, 11:11 AM
teg_fan
I like integra's

hmm. depends on how able to pay back that loan you are. The gsr is just plain better but still, it depends on your expected fuiture financial situation. I loved my g2 ls too.
Old 12-10-2003, 01:34 PM
txhatch
I hate 2003 Noobs.

Originally posted by TarHeeL-Si
im sure he wants to sit here and listen to a detailed description of why i think he should go for the gsr...when in the end he's the one whose gonna make teh decision anyway. i was merely stating the fact that if you turbo an ls without proper engine reinforcement its probably going to cause problems you dont want to deal with
You have no idea what you are talking about. B18a/b's have 9.2:1 compression thus less detonation, so they would be one of the safest engines to turbocharge.

Where do you get your facts from? You obviously have never owned a turbo ls or probably even dealt with a turbo honda. Dont give someone bad advice about something you know nothing about.

On topic: Get the gsr, even though it has probably been taken to redline you will enjoy its power the most.
Old 12-10-2003, 05:58 PM
CiViC2nR86
JDM Padawin

UPDATE: The 1998 LS is actually an automatic, bummer. Well the 2000 LS is still for sale, it has cloth interior, and bone stock. :Thumbup: About the GS-R, me and my dad went to the bank today to apply for the loan, we're putting 4grand down and getting the loan on the $9,500. If everything works out I think I'll take the GS-R, if the bank doesn't work out, I'll try to get it finance through the dealer (yeah a dealer). There probably isn't much history to tell about the GS-R besides the fact that he has okay taste in header, but the intake has no bypass, the altezza lights probably meant he wants to be in the fast and the furious, and the inside is kinda dirty. The leather seats has no tear but between the lines in the leather it has dirt. The carpet has a lot of grass, and the shift knob is really faded. If he raises the price when we try to finance it through him, then I will get the 2000 LS for about $10,000.
Silver isn't really my color, so after I pay off the car, I would like to get a paint job, taffeta white or champ. I do believe tho, that the GS-R has probably been stomped on atleast a dozen times because of the mods he has on it, and also, everyone at that dealer ship tells me how "FAST" it is.

BTW mike, I only had the other GS-R for a week, I didn't even get insurace quote or insurance, so I am not sure how much it would run me. My civic cost me $130 a month for liability + uninsured+underinsured+medical. Can you give me an Idea of how much the GS-R Full Cover would run? I am 17 years old, I have 3 tickets, one of them I went to traffic school for.

-Unsafe Lane Change
-Failure to Control Speed to avoid collision
-GOing left of center (Bull shit but I couldnt argue because this is better than speeding, he let me off)

A lot of you seem to prefer the GS-R, so I'll do what I can.

Hopefully good news will come soon!

BTW heres the Silver 2000
Attached Images
Old 12-10-2003, 06:15 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

Originally posted by Xymox007
:doh: :doh: :doh:

You are 21 years old, what are you doing? Dating high school juniors?
i get that leather comment. from other guys. :ugh: :ugh:
Old 12-10-2003, 06:40 PM
lando77

Armed with that information the GSR is not a very good deal, shop around and get WHAT YOU WANT. You shouldn't settle just because it is the first thing that comes your way. There are allways better cars out there. Good luck.
Old 12-10-2003, 08:05 PM
JohnQPhats
LS Master

I'd go with the 2000 LS. Seems like a great price for that car.
Old 12-10-2003, 08:50 PM
aphex
driftin'

Holy god.. the GS-R has altezzas. Come on now, how many people do you know that have altezzas that treat there car nicely and know how to drive. . .
Old 12-10-2003, 09:02 PM
JGordon

Don't repaint your car. Wait until you either find one in the color you like or learn to accept the color you buy. Spending $2000+ for a good repaint in another color will look a lot less appealing by the time you get around to it.

While I understand that you may be very anxious to get into a car very soon, you'll appreciate waiting to find exactly what you want in the long run. Later on when you say to yourself "Dammit I should have gotten a white car/a four door/ a leather interior/ a GSR!!" it will be much harder to fix than just waiting now.

Edit -- I know from experience. I wish everyday I'd gotten a car with a black interior (instead of taupe, what the hell kind of color is taupe anyway?!?), and if I had done more research I would have gotten a GSR. But I was in too much of a hurry to wait for the right one to come up.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:04 PM
CiViC2nR86
JDM Padawin

After I keep thinking about the 2000 LS is shining brighter and brighter, I'm going to take a look at that car after lunch tomorow, hopefully it will not be sold yet. That price seems to be too good to be true. After all, speed shouldn't be much of a concern right? I mean I heard of all this stuff about insurance, and I don't know if I want to be paying $250+ a month.

Well, I really haven't decided yet, I guess it is up to faith, if the bank approve and I can afford payments, then I'll get it, If not, that LS is my second choice, btw, what do you guys think of aa Silver Teg???