Notices

Hello and Hi

Old 07-14-2003, 07:50 AM
Neo_eg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello and Hi

Hello my name is Neo. (not the matrix Neo). I am not new to the forums, I used to own a 88 CRX. but I have recently given up my pipe dream of the monster Rex, and got a 95 Eg. I love the car. I love the shape. however....

I hate the motor. It is dying. I have only a little money to spend. Like 3 grand. I am not looking to do my motor the cheap way. I want a rebuilt GSR motor (I had a 95 GSR for 2 years) I know what it is capapable of. There is a LOT of rice where I live, I have not seen a true honda prowling the streets of norwich connecticut.

Baisically, I need some info....

1) a engine distributor... not one you have read about or seen on the forums... I want one you have used.

2) Good suspention links... including a rear disk conversion.... preferably honda parts.

3) better, non-rice headlights.... something subtle and non annoying?

4) I am making a sleeper. what do you guys know about reading material on turbos? what kind of times can I run in the 1/4 and still drive to work and not worry.

5) all this must include the fact that this must represent honda properly or I wont buy it. I am not a "ricer". I need to make sure my car is fast. and I mean fast. I will be satisfied with a flat 12. maybe faster since I had my teg at 13.2. I know it is possible with a 500 lb lighter car.

6) lastly, how do eg's spin? I like to drift, but the car is too tired to beat on, so I just want a opinion on how the car will spin

thanks in advance...

Neo
Old 07-14-2003, 08:04 AM
Of17
Banned

Long ass 1st post shit lol... sorry i was to lazy to read all that but im shur it was important to u
Old 07-14-2003, 08:07 AM
Jessica
ch1x0r

Originally posted by Of17
Long ass 1st post shit lol... sorry i was to lazy to read all that but im shur it was important to u
shut up.

it sounds like you've got the right mentality. i'd answer your questions, but i don't know as much as the rest of the guys here do.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:57 PM
Neo_eg

oh well, thanks for the notice anyway...
Old 07-14-2003, 02:33 PM
flipped cracka
BOOM goes the dynamite!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

:slap:

1). i have not gotten an engine yet. but when i do (not if, when) i will go with http://hmotorsonline.com no question about it.

2). if you just want a regular rear disc conversion, get it from a junkyard. if you want to go high end, get it from an itr (5 lug owns all). if you just want something in between, get it from a gsr (still from a junk yard).

3). depends on the look you're going for. the oem jdm lights are cool, but not really necessary unless you're going for the full jdm look. www.procarparts.com has black housing ones that i think look nice (which i plan on getting next month).

4). i'd say you could probably get down the to 13's or 12's on a reliable daily driver. but i don't know for sure.

5). mugen and honda go really well together. as well as spoon. along with some other companies.

6). well, you can't really drift with a civic since it's fwd. but my car doesn't slide very much at all. it like to stick to the road.

hth.
Old 07-14-2003, 02:40 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

i take it by your post you wanna go turbo?
Old 07-14-2003, 03:19 PM
Ferio Man

god ur :ghey:
Old 07-14-2003, 05:23 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 07-18-2003, 12:00 PM
Neo_eg

well, about the turbo, I plan to go turbo, but when I get a motor in the next few months I want to rebuild it and get it right into the car. If I rebuild it for the turbo, I am going to drastically lower the compression, and I dont want that motor in my car without the turbo, and I sure dont want to be cheap on the turbo just to get one in. I want to take my time with this my 3rd modded car and do it right.

So yes on the turbo.

and thanks for the info flipped ...