Notices

tech question about lower tie bars

Old 10-23-2004, 11:09 PM
acuratxracer
91 integra ls

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tech question about lower tie bars

ok so ive been beefing up my handling instead of power and by the end of this next week i should have a set of front and rear lower tie bars in.. my question is were exactly do they go, im pretty sure that i know where but i dont want to mess something up so if you could plz post some pics of a da integra with the front and rear tie bars in that would help out alot oh ya and what are the torque specs on the bolts that it goes on?

now i know tie bars wont do that much but hey why not cover everything, so far ive got front and rear upper strut tower bars, and now lower tie bars front and rear, and soon im going to get a set of eibach prokit lowering springs but i wont put them on till i get new shocks, and then a new rear sway bar..... so ya that smy set up
Old 10-25-2004, 05:31 AM
Importbuyer
Want to buy a lude

tie bars=waste
If the car needed them,it would have had them. But,if you MUST have them,your supposed to drill into a few parts down there to mount them,think where the sway bar mounts up? not exactly sure,just i have been told its the one thing that will provide the LEAST amount of performance.
Best order to do things:
Struts
camber kit
Lowering springs or coilovers
strut tower bars
then MAYBE tie bars,if you dont have anything else to waste your money on

Anyways,there is a kit that gets sold that includes all 4,front an rear strut tower bar,and front and rear tie bars,made by megan racing,those tie bars would probalbly
be best...
Old 10-25-2004, 07:11 AM
LT
The deer had to die!

^wrong...

the rear tie bar is somewhat useful, while the front tie bar would be COMPLETELY USELESS. if you want to do a sway bar, hold out for the Comptech Rear Sway/Tie-bar setup. the tie bar will serve to reinforce your subframe to prevent sway bar tear out.

cliffs:
-no front tie bar
-save money
-get Comptech Rear Sway/Tie-bar setup
Old 10-25-2004, 05:53 PM
Importbuyer
Want to buy a lude

yeah,listen to him,he knows what hes talking about...i still think that lowering springs nice struts and a camber kit would help handling more,and if you go with adjustable struts(like my tokico illuminas)then you can adjust your handling,tune it....thats my opinion,either way,youve gotta save some money.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:35 PM
RboYi

sorry, reviving a dead thread but can someone take pics of where they go on the front and the rear on civic/integra? i gotta do it for my boss but im at a total loss.

^ i like to rhyme. haha

anyways thanks
Old 02-18-2005, 10:25 PM
RboYi

ok nevermind i got the rear one on. and learned the front one is completely useless.