Notices

ls vtec conversion

Old 10-13-2004, 07:03 PM
acuratxracer
91 integra ls

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls vtec conversion

ya i was wondering something about the lsvtec swap...first off i know i would need a b16 head but i found this kit and it says it elimenates the need for machining
ls\vtec conversion kit

what exactly would this kit elimenate from a ls\vtec conversion if i bought, right now as you prolly guessed i dont have vtec but badly want it..so tell me what you think about this kit...thanks
Old 10-13-2004, 07:15 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by acuratxracer
what exactly would this kit elimenate from a ls\vtec conversion if i bought,
It looks like it saves you from reaming the block. You still need to tap the head and plug it with supplies included.

It's a decent kit, but way more expensive then it needs to be.

If you don't know how to build an LS/VTEC, you're too inexperienced to try it IMHO.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:33 PM
acuratxracer
91 integra ls

oh no im not going to be doing it for awhile altest not till next febuary or march these nex few months areall about reasearch and maybe slowly buying the stuff needed and if i still dont feel like i could do it i iwll find a shop that will, im not dumb enough to go do something major with out knowing exactly how to do it... thats why im taken like 4 months to research everything
Old 10-13-2004, 10:46 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Go FI!:irock:
Old 10-13-2004, 10:50 PM
acuratxracer
91 integra ls

already in process of researching the sh*& out of a turbo for it i would like to go with a supercharger but cant find any ofr my motor, it would just be nice to have vtec period but damn vtec and boost
Old 10-13-2004, 11:00 PM
OD_13
Banned

anybody knowhere i can find a B16A head?
Old 10-13-2004, 11:05 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

i would like to go with a supercharger but cant find any ofr my motor
Vortech and Jackon Racing, the two major manufactures of superchargers for Honda/Acura cars, both make units for B18A/B engines... either will fit a 94+ Integra just fine.
it would just be nice to have vtec period but damn vtec and boost
VTEC isn't that special, you will learn that eventually. A pair of Crower 404's will make the car run with GS-R's if you don't mind some lope in the idle.

If you want to go FI, you might as well stay with the engine you have and tune it accordingly.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:46 AM
acuratxracer
91 integra ls

ive already got a weird idle like after it warms up id be sitting at a light and my motor will idle at around 700 to 750 like it is supposed to then out of no where drop to like 500 then back up it doesnt pretty often at pretty much every light some times 2 or 3 times it was worse before i put a real cai on, if i turn my ac on i can only run it while im moving if im idleing with my ac on its just back and fourth between 750 and 500, i have no idea what is wrong with it.. i thoguht vaccum leak but i have already inspected every single hose under the hood i want to say its a gasket but i dont know wich one and as far as cams goes if you go to crane cams web site and look up this grind number these are the cams that im interested in the main thing is that i dont want a fed up idle id like a smooth idle or atlest one that idles like my car does know afgter i get the problem located and fixed neways here is the grind number and its from crane cams
ACU-257-2S-11

the next stage seems ok i mainly want mid and upper range power i think b18a's lack upper end power so thats where i want to focus on getting alittle more power

oh ya and i dont have a 94+ teg i wish i did but ive got a 91 ls .....
Old 10-14-2004, 03:09 PM
j87w

Originally Posted by Kai
Vortech and Jackon Racing, the two major manufactures of superchargers for Honda/Acura cars, both make units for B18A/B engines... either will fit a 94+ Integra just fine.VTEC isn't that special, you will learn that eventually. A pair of Crower 404's will make the car run with GS-R's if you don't mind some lope in the idle.

If you want to go FI, you might as well stay with the engine you have and tune it accordingly.
So are you saying that if a stock GSR and a LS with a set of 404's lined up it would be a close race? I thought the 2nd part of vtec use a really high lift cam. If you put a cam like that into a LS wouldnt it not idle very well, not make as much low end power, have worse gas milage, and have worse emissions than a vtec motor.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:23 PM
acuratxracer
91 integra ls

when it comes to cams what i want is something will idle pretty smooth doesnt have idle as smooth as glass but the ls trany lacks decent top end power so thats where i would want most of my power and where i am focusing on for the next few mods ie headers 4 to 1 headers give you top end power and then i dont what is next prolly a turbo kit myabe peice one togahter my self