Notices

Integra Advice, Need Help!

Old 10-07-2004, 06:59 PM
DJJeff4i

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integra Advice, Need Help!

Hello,
I am new to this forum but not new to Integras! I am 17 years old and I live in rural Southbury, CT. My sister has owned two integras (1991 RS and a 1995 LS) She currently still owns the 95' and ever since she got it I would do all the work on it and install all sorts of aftermarkets for her. Over the years I have learned a good amount about Integras and I have grown to love them. It is now time for me to get a car! ( Getting cold on my 2002 Honda CBR600F4i) and i've been looking around for the right Integra for about 1 month. I don't have much to spend ($3700 plus I might be able to borrow $1500 from the rents) I found a project Integra about a week ago and I am very serious about purchasing it! The person who is selling it is a small private dealership with a staff of one, hes a nice guy and he auctually sold my sister her 95' LS with a faithfull 1 year warentee! The car I am considering buying is a 1996 LS (I think its a SE judging by the moldings). It has 68k miles on it and of course its 5 spd. The Car had front end damage but that was fixed, it is now in need of mainly a Hood, Front Bumper Cover, Headlights, and front fenders. The Seller is asking $4000 given the miles, he also promissed it running with new fluids, timing belt, air bags, air bag computer, new door, windsheild, battery, and any other parts he had laying around (i.e. bumper reinforcement). Today I offerd him $3500.00 cash and he said he will get back to me. What are your opions about such a deal? Do you think its a good idea? Approx. how much would it cost to complete? I do have pictures!

Thanks,
Jeff Kahn
Old 10-08-2004, 05:38 AM
Cube3601

Have you physically checked everything and/or taken it to a mechanic? It sounds like the only things wrong with it are cosmetic. But giving it the once over by either yourself or a mechanic I'd say would be the first step before even offering; but cash hasn't changed hands yet, so you still have the opportunity.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:48 AM
IrishBrewer

Get that car up on a lift and check to see if the front end damage extends beyond the cosmetic. Check to see if the suspension is nice and solid.

Also, it would be a good idea to do a compression leakdown test to get a good idea of how healthy the motor is. Pop the valve cover and inspect the timing belt to make sure that it is indeed new. Make sure the CEL is operational and see if the computer is throwing any codes. If all checks out and it drives good, I'd say you are getting a fair deal.
Old 10-09-2004, 04:37 PM
DJJeff4i

Here is a picture of the car...I want to do a 98 Front End conversion...also where is a good place to find stock acura rims (the 2001 style). Where is a good place to find all the body parts that I am going to need? According to the seller all the unibody was replaced and he said he would take it to the DMV to get inspected so I am guessing its stright. I am still gonna have my body shop guy look at it though. How much do you think a job like this will cost? How can I tell what model it is?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
front.jpg (258.9 KB, 23 views)
Old 10-09-2004, 06:16 PM
antarius
Large Member

Get the VIN number and run a CARFAX on it. That will help you with what kind of accident(s) it has been in, as well as what model it is. I thought SE's only came in Automatics....