Notices

STUMPED! Ignition Starting problem-No spark with dizzy/main relay/fuel pump OK

Old 04-07-2004, 12:03 PM
novabound2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STUMPED! Ignition Starting problem-No spark with dizzy/main relay/fuel pump OK

Okay here's the problem. Last Friday I ran my B16 (OBD1) and it was fine. I swapped it out into a 95 DX over the weekend (the motor was swapped into a 93 EX before) and now we have electrical problems. The motor rotates but won't start. The distributor should be fine since I never pulled it off from the B16. Checked the fuel pump to see if that was not working but it was fine. Then checked the Main relay (per thread) and swapped it out. Everything is grounded that needs to be grounded and we rechecked the electrical work. We checked if there was any spark coming out from the plugs itself and there were none. Question is: There's gotta be something wrong with the electricals that power the distributor off of the chassis of the DX since the B16 ran in my old car. The DX had died out before with the same problem. So now I have a d15 motor that probably works fine sitting out. I thought it was the engine but it isn't. Can somebody help me figure this out? Has anyone ever had this problem before?????? And yes I searched the web and forums and everybody says fuel pump/dizzy/Main relay. All those are checked and should be fine. I'm stumped. FYI- The swap itself to pull two motors, put one back in, exhaust and shift linkage took me a little under three days. not bad for a first timer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2004, 12:29 PM
monicle
Repo.Jackmoves.Com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

coil mabe? take the dist cap off make sure the rotor is turning and start going backward from there. check the plug on the distributor, check continuity back to the ecu, you checked all your grounds already right? Theres only so many options as to why you arent getting spark.
Old 04-07-2004, 04:04 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

definitely a wiring issue. Which engine harness did you use? the one that was in the ex or the dx? if it's the one from the ex, I'd say the chassis has a wiring issue. If it's the one from the dx, I'd be yanking that harness and swapping on the other.