Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

D16y8 intake manifold with B18b throttle body = 12 hp?

Old 10-01-2009, 12:39 AM
Rsporty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D16y8 intake manifold with B18b throttle body = 12 hp?

I read an article in Super Street about cheap horsepower for Honda's. They say you can bolt a D16y8 intake manifold to other D series heads and that you can bolt any B series throttle body on a port matched D series and the combo should be good for about 12 hp.
Well, I have a B series throttle body and picked up a D16y8 intake manifold, pretty cheap.
If anyone has done this or a similar swap, I have some questions and could really use some info.

- My car is a '93 with, an automatic transmission, and NO cruise control (it was cheap).
- The throttle body is from a '95 B18b, with an automatic transmission and cruise control.
- The D16y8 intake manifold is from a '99, with a manual transmission and cruise control.

Do I use a throttle body gasket for an automatic, or manual?

Will I have any IACV problems?

Am I supposed yo use the D series throttle cable rotor?

Is there anything on either part that i have to change, since I don't have cruise control?

Any help with this, or any other things I should know about this swap, would be greatly appreciated.
Rsporty is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message