Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Recommend a good tuning shop in the south bay area?

Old 10-05-2008, 12:55 AM
PacificDude
Sharkbait OOHAHA!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommend a good tuning shop in the south bay area?

I found some old threads(like 4 years old), but wanted to see if anyone currently knew of any good, reputable tuning shops in the south bay area(silicon valley). I'm not sure if I want/need to visit one yet, but would like to have options if i do.

What I've done...

I rebuilt a D16A6 bottom end. I bored the cylinders out and got new stock compression pistons to match the new bore. The whole rotating assembly(crankshaft, clutch, flywheel, harmonic balancer) got balanced. All this goes together with my port/polished head + port matched manifolds. I've got close to 1000 miles on the new rebuild. I drove it somewhat aggressively on the last tank of gas for the 'break in', and still got 31mpg! I'm going easy on this next tank to see if I can get 40+mpg. So I'm not sure if I should even mess with it.

Everything runs fantastic on my '89 PM6 ECU(stock). I have a 90-91 PM6 that I had sent off to have a ZIF socket put in, so now I can have it tuned with the removeable eproms(I did this in case I did a turbo project). The car runs great. Should I even bother?