Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

boost spike

Old 08-13-2006, 11:25 AM
a_integra_87
Traction, WTF is that?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost spike

I have a b18b, turbo of course. Im using a GE vacuum manifold with the main source t from the IM to the brake booster line. I have the top line of the wastegate going to the vacuum manifold, and the side source going to my blitz dual sbc spec s boost controller. Right now my autometer boost gauge has gone wacko and dosent read accurate for crap. So im using my boost controller as my boost gauge for now. I have the stock map sensor in now tuned on uberdata so i really dont want to go over 11 psi. My boost controller is turned off totally so it does nothing but read/ record peak boost so my wastegate "should" open at 10psi. Every time I go WOT i get spikes into the 12psi range...EVERYTIME. Yesterday at the track my boost controller recorded 2 peaks of 13.00 psi and 14.10psi. Which I know can not be good using this stock map.

I have the tial 38mm with the 10psi spring, a short tubular mani (like cc-fabs chuck norris) with the wg elbow right off the middle front to read from all runners.

Any idea whats going on? Once i get a lower PSI spring i can actually use the boost controller and set the limiter and warning. I also plan to get a new map sensor in a week when i will see my tuner again. Even on the dyno it recorded peaks of 11.3-, 11.4- and 11.6- with the boost controller off and doing nothing.

I know the WG is working because i have a open dump and at WOT it sounds like a freight train.