Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

RSX-S with a JR supercharger 1/4?

Old 10-23-2005, 03:02 PM
SITHV6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RSX-S with a JR supercharger 1/4?

Brother in law has an 02-04 RSX-S With a new Jackson Racing supercharger and hes feeling pretty high and mighty at 7PSI and feels REALLY confident he can take out my Brick of an 87 Turbo Buick. Just how fast are people going with these neat new Jackson Racing Superchargers in an RSX-S?
Just curious, Dont know if I should give him a head start or not! :P. He has a manual tranny, K-pro kit, all the common Bolt ons of headers, cold air, exhaust...yadda yadda. Any input would be nice to hear. TIA.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:34 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

I would estimate high 13's or so. Maybe a bit lower if he is a good driver.

He wouldn't even come close to your 11 second time, if that is what you are worried about.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:32 PM
TeHJuSTiN
NAM #0001

You have nothing to worry about.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:28 AM
pomansouth

only place he could have fun with you would be around the curvies, just because of the weight difference, and suspension technology.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:58 AM
mrtorelli
Honda Nation

Originally Posted by pomansouth
only place he could have fun with you would be around the curvies, just because of the weight difference, and suspension technology.
Very true, your buick probley has a lot of weight on it compared to the light rsx, but if your going to do a straight drag, you shouldnt have nothing to worry about.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:45 PM
IntegraType-R
ALL MOTOR KING

12.26 at 112 i've seena pretty decent JRSC go with a ugpraded pully at 8 psi, with i/h/e clutch fully tuned hondata and what not all the major shit u'd need he had streets too i think it'd be a good race froma roll a dig i'm sure u'd get him.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:55 PM
SITHV6

Default *sigh* just as I thought...

Wow! thanks for all the replies! Hurricane Wilma kinda put a damper on me taking him for a lil' drive along to show him what he was up against. Was hoping he'd attend the Tower Shops Show in ft.lauderdale so he can get a peek under the hood. Oh well, I can always "call him out" to Moroso Test and Tune nights, But first, gonna go there this tuesday to make sure all is well. Havent raced the car in over 5 years and need to shake the rust off of it lol! And Yes He'd be a handfull in the curves...I pretty much took the Buick out of "Canyon Carver" mode (polygraphite bushings, Bilstein shocks, and Z rated tires) and been prepping it for track passes. So no more chasing down Vettes on twisted Mountain roads. Thats why i affectionately call her a "BRICK" now. Thanks again for the replies!