Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

First Visit Since

Old 04-30-2005, 12:38 AM
SmartySarty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Visit Since

Hey everybody..........

Today will be my first visit to the track of this year.

Last year best time was 14.1sec at 99.8 mph with a 2.54sec 60ft
(shitty all season 185 tires, exedy stage 2 threepuck clutch, overheating problem, total stock suspenion, Ghetto air hose with a filter instead of a box and apexi n1 cat-back, HCP poly mounts with front race bar in my JDM h22a LSDtranny in my eg cx)

This years time ............................................
(Falken azenies 205/50/15 on 15inch rota group n's, RPS turbo clutches 6 puck with sprong hub, Integra lower controll arms with prothane poly bushing kit(front), Integra spindle rotors calipers axis brake pads, Revo upper controll arms with adjustable ball joint camber kit, Tein SuperStreet coilover kit prothane bushing kit for rear lower controll arms, AEM CAI for a B18c5, Vabrant 2 peiice header, apexi n1 catback, walbro fuel pump, new plugs, new clutch master cylinder, new slave cylinder, new integra radiator) (may have forgot a few things)

(track is supposible shitty due to the last weeks rain showers soo when i get back to you with times dont be suprised if the are unimpressive)

I also got my STR fuel rail, fuel pressure regulater, and 310cc injectors that have been flow tested and cleaned....... Just saving up for hondata so i can run those injectors
Old 04-30-2005, 12:05 PM
swaggs21

Am I missing something or are you going to run hondata on a almost stock, non-internally modified car?
Old 05-01-2005, 09:58 PM
SmartySarty

Went to the track............It was cold, got a few sprinkles, track wasnt prepped good but no excuses.

Ran a average run of about 14.1 best was a 13.9 with a 2.6 60ft

Couldn't hook up in first gear all I did all day was wheel hop........ I couldnt even get them to spin. Messed with the Dampining force and (tire a pressure for one run), tryed multiple ways of lunching. just couldnt get it right yesterday. Deffinently need traction bars and Data to tune.

Yes, I am going to run hondata with stock internals
Old 05-01-2005, 10:53 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by SmartySarty
Yes, I am going to run hondata with stock internals
Now, why the hell would you do that?

And you don't need all those fuel system upgrades for a stock motor. If you were boosting or had a fully built motor, it would be a different story. In your case, it isn't doing anything besides potentially slowing you down by running rich.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:46 AM
swaggs21

Originally Posted by Shmoo
Now, why the hell would you do that?

That was my initial thought....

Your ecu will be able to handle any of the conditions that you give it till you go to a FI or high HP all motor setup. You are wasting your money with the Hondata, it will give you no benefit at all.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:30 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by swaggs21
That was my initial thought....

Your ecu will be able to handle any of the conditions that you give it till you go to a FI or high HP all motor setup. You are wasting your money with the Hondata, it will give you no benefit at all.
It will allow you to tune a bit and gain a little more refined power, but you will have to retune each time you make a modification to the engine. For the small amount of power you will gain now, what's the point of paying appx. $150/hr on top of the price of new mods every time you make a change?

Waste of money, imo.

Congrats on your time.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:50 AM
phatnucca

Holy 2.6 60' batman!

Get that shit down to a 2.2 and you will be low 13's....LOL

-Joe