Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

Tibby V6 auto VS Accord I4 auto

Old 04-09-2005, 11:49 PM
kenton
Change sig? Lose [quote]!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tibby V6 auto VS Accord I4 auto

The local 1/8th track is opening in a couple of weeks and a friend of mine just got a Tibby V6 and he wants to race for $50 + cost of track time. Do I have a chance:

Him: 172 hp @ 6,000 rpm / 181 lb-ft. @ 3,800 rpm. 4 Speed automatic weighing in at 3010lbs

Me: 150 hp @ 5,800 rpm / 151 lb-ft. @ 4,??? rpm. 4 Speed automatic weighing 2965 according to the title and reg.

He has no mods and is riding on stock 17" alloys. I have AEM CAI, DC header, GReddy Evo2 full exhaust and a helix. Of course I'll do all the common pre-race tricks (let a couple of pounds out of the front tires, clean air filter, delete subs and spare tire) I'm also riding on stock 15" alloys.

Does anyone think I have a chance of beating him? He's got a lot more torque but I'm betting a Honda automatic is slightly more effiecient. I'm betting my mods almost make me equal of his horsepower and I'm weighing slightly less but I just don't know.

Anyone offer any input?