Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Drag Strip (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/drag-strip-38/)
-   -   What cars have killed yours? (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/drag-strip/111364-what-cars-have-killed-yours.html)

evolution 12-01-2003 03:25 AM

What cars have killed yours?

Everyone brags of cars that have beaten them, well let's hear what cars you have defeated you. :D If you want, include the best, most exciting and memorable loss!

These are my races in the AV6 and the outcomes were forseen but I just wanted to go with my friends for fun.

I have been outclassed by a WRX on the highway by 350z, supercharged Maxima and various s2000s. From a launch, stock S4 Audi, WRX, s2000, RSX Type-S, Prelude..etc. The losses to the Prelude was only by 1/4 car.

On the track/circuit all the hybrid Civics, WRXs/STis, s2000s...basically everything except 5th gen accords, slower 6th gens, slow auto e46/e36 bimmers, Jettas and Golfs. :oh:

My most memorable loss was with my dad in HK at Tsim Shai Jui (the twisties near the beaches behind the mountain). He was driving a 330i and I the M. He was testing out the handling characteristics and was whipping into corners at high speeds so I floored it, but I could not keep up because I was a little scared. The mountain was on my left side and the ocean was on the right so I didn't have the balls to go as fast. Course he raced in amateur wheel-2-wheel before so he is a better driver than me. MAJOR ownage but I was being safe so my dad didn't rib me that much. :oh:

ZimZimma13 12-01-2003 09:33 AM

Re: What cars have killed yours?

Originally posted by evolution
Everyone brags of cars that have beaten them, well let's hear what cars you have defeated you. :D If you want, include the best, most exciting and memorable loss!

Every other car out there on the road except a stock DX maybe :oh:

Integrity 12-01-2003 04:29 PM

I knew this guy who had a LS1 Z28 that wanted to trade it in for Integra Type R. I told him he was stupid, but after he went for a ride in my ITR he had to have one. I know he's a good driver. My best ET with the R was a 14.8... his was a 14.6 with the same mods. Well after about a year, he decided to go back to driving a domestic and bought a new Mustang GT. I decided to trade my ITR for several reasons. So here I am in my freshly broken in 350Z and I run into him. I knew he'd have the advantage cause he had already added an exhaust and intake, but we decided to line em up just for fun. We both launched evenly and were pretty much neck and neck up to about 40 when he started to pull some. We passed the 1/4 mile mark with me at his rear quarter panel. Pretty close if you ask me.

SilverTransAm 12-01-2003 04:52 PM

i got beat from a stop by a g35 coupe, but only becuase i suck at launching stick - for now

DelSolSIinMD 12-01-2003 05:26 PM

Beaten by a Trans Am painfully. I was whupped... but the guy was a good sport. No laughing, pointing or the like.

txhatch 12-01-2003 05:54 PM

Nothing yet in my new car. :D

My friends 400whp NA firehawk killed my old car though.

Fast-Ford 12-01-2003 09:37 PM

Re: What cars have killed yours?

Originally posted by evolution
Everyone brags of cars that have beaten them, well let's hear what cars you have defeated you. :

This is a great thread! We all have to pull our horns in for this one!!

This loss was really, really, really hard to swallow and was 100% my fault, and a discrace to Mustang GT's everywhere.....in fact I apologize to my car out loud every night since this happened.....

I just got off work, was heading home and was very tired and stressed out from a busy day at the office. My course ran through an industrial park with one steep uphill and then down hill the rest of the way. I approached a green light and was about to make a left turn (4 lane road) when a guy from my office building roared up behind me and squeeled around the turn beside me in the right lane in his new red Nissan Spec V Sentra. (I destroyed and I mean DESTROYED two of these cars this year already because they are gutless as all hell when racing a Stang) I didn't see him coming because I was not watching my rearview.

I hesitated for 2 seconds because I was just going to let it go but then decided what the heck.........he had 2 cars on me when I started and I walked on it in the low end of 3rd gear. He stayed two cars ahead till I started to reel him in once I got above 3000rpm......HOWEVER, we were reaching the top of the hill and coming to another set of lights so I had to back out of it. I couldn't get beside him at the light so I pulled in behind him. Once the light was green he squeeled off but got behind another car..........the outside lane cleared and I pulled out to pass but just sat there and waited......thinking of the road ahead and when it would be safe to make a move. (we're going downhill on rough road with train tracks on the way) He was going to make a right at the bottom of the hill to get on another 4 lane road that turns into a hiway. My plan was to outbrake him at the bottom of the hill and get infront of him with a little short track move but I thought that was too chicken for a guy with more power, so I decided I was going to take him on the hiway and embarass him by letting him run out of motor..........TOO BAD THIS WAS JUST NOT MY DAY!! He made his right turn and weaved traffic and got away on the hi-way!!! He was the biggest chicken of all because he wouldn't let me get beside him. I'm not one to chase people and weave traffic and will not race someone if it's not safe, so he made a clean escape, hands down.

I'll just bet that he told everyone he works with how he beat the "infamous yellow GT" that everyone in the building talks about and how his Spec V is the fastest car at work......riiight.

I was a total moron on this run......I didn't see him coming, I couldn't get my act together and decide to race him till it was way too late, and was lazy because I didn't downshift.

Anyway, I have been waiting to see this guy at work and tell him that if he wants to race me when I'm ready that I will more than tear him a new a$$hole!!!! However those are just idle threats till I get my GT out of storage and get him next year. By that time, I will have made a serious upgrade to the car over the winter so it will be REALLY REALLY unfair........but what the hell he started it right?

As it stands now he beat me.......and yes you can call it a race because I punched it.......just like missing the light in NHRA, too little too late.

Fast-Ford 12-01-2003 09:45 PM

Originally posted by Integrity
I knew this guy who had a LS1 Z28 that wanted to trade it in for Integra Type R. I told him he was stupid, but after he went for a ride in my ITR he had to have one. I know he's a good driver. My best ET with the R was a 14.8... his was a 14.6 with the same mods. Well after about a year, he decided to go back to driving a domestic and bought a new Mustang GT. I decided to trade my ITR for several reasons. So here I am in my freshly broken in 350Z and I run into him. I knew he'd have the advantage cause he had already added an exhaust and intake, but we decided to line em up just for fun. We both launched evenly and were pretty much neck and neck up to about 40 when he started to pull some. We passed the 1/4 mile mark with me at his rear quarter panel. Pretty close if you ask me.
Damn close. I have been waiting to run a 350Z because I know it will be close. The two cars are in the same ballpark that's for sure.......much better than losing to a SPEC V Sentra though.......lol.

EGteknikhatch 12-01-2003 10:25 PM

I raced my friends 300zx TT, and i had him until I hit third gear, and he was well to far ahead for me to see.

Then I raced my friends DSM when he put it up to 19 psi, and he smoked my ass fromt the start (damn AWD).

And then just tonight my loss to the modded GT mustang... But I did well and kept up very well (better then I thought I would) so that race I'm not very upset with losing more of a holy crap didn't know my car could do that!

Mikeym008 12-02-2003 12:30 AM

I am 18 years old and about 3 months ago got myself a 1999 Prelude.
After driving the car for about 3 weeks and getting used to the manual trany, I was driving home one night at about 2 am when i pull up to the lights looking down about a 2 mile stretch of road. When all of a sudden a 96 prelude pulls up next to me and revs his engine, a look over and its a guy in his late 30's starting back at me and reving his engine some more. Well being the brilliant kid i am i figure hey sure i'll spank this guy, his car isn't as good as mine. How wrong I was. As soon as the light turned green all i could see was the back of his car, and hear the whistling of his turbo. THis guy just smoked me, no harm done though, pulled up at the next lights had a little laught and went our seperate ways.

Mike... Now a little wiser