Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Honda Civic LX 2003 Remote keyless entry installation

Old 11-05-2005, 04:52 PM
AKATIY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Civic LX 2003 Remote keyless entry installation

Hi,
I just got a used 2003 Civic LX, I want to install the keyless entry device,
on internet you cn by these remotes and programming. I want to know
what is FCC number for this car and can it be done by a non technical person. How reliable are these remotes on e-bay sites? ($18.00 ones).
Old 11-09-2005, 08:54 PM
Phateless
S2K compatible

if you get a stock honda remote i have a honda-tech thread somewhere with instructions to program it. i say just buy the honda clicker. the 03 LX came stock with keyless. did you buy it certified used? if so the dealer OWES you (free of charge as per honda certification) 3 keys, 2 key fobs, all the owners manuals...and i think that's it. i sell hondas at a dealer so i know.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:57 PM
AKATIY

Thanks Josh;
I got it from a private person and she never gave it, she said you can get it from any dealer. I don't know whether it is equiped with remote keyless and I only need the key fobs or the whole system.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:05 AM
Phateless
S2K compatible

it IS equipped with keyless. all you need to buy are the honda factory fobs, which ARE available at any dealer. watch out tho cuz they're expensive, ($100 or so each), and different remotes are for different cars. try ebay first. just make sure you get the correct remote.