Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Civic Flywheel/Clutch Install (58 pics)

Old 05-02-2012, 02:20 PM
Sublim3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kensaysrawr
Do you think this will be difficult on a 93 Del sol si (d16z6) -the vtec version of the motor that was used in the write up.
I mean is the procedure exactly the same?
I did it on my old 94 ex coupe d16z6. Transmission, clutch, flywheel, transaxle and my lower control arm through this tutorial. put on headers and down pipe too during that.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:39 PM
zibodiz
Honda n00b

This tutorial was tons of help. I just replaced a ton of stuff on my car (Clutch, Head gasket, Timing belt, Acc. Belts, 1 brake caliper, 1 motor mount, replaced all fluids, tune up & oil change), and this walkthrough was instrumental. Cheers!
Old 08-13-2018, 06:07 PM
Green Hornet

Default So bummed

I did my clutch install this weekend. Got it all done in about 14 hours by myself in a 2000 honda civic ex. This morning I woke up with a little puddle of tranny fluid. Didn't have any issues before. Hell it doesn't even burn a lick of oil. So I'm pretty upset. Any ideas on what I should check? I accidently broke loose some of the case bolts on the underside during the tear down and I'm thinking I broke that seal and now it isn't seated properly. Don't see any fluid around the new axle seals.
Old 08-14-2018, 12:02 AM
Green Hornet

Originally Posted by Green Hornet
I did my clutch install this weekend. Got it all done in about 14 hours by myself in a 2000 honda civic ex. This morning I woke up with a little puddle of tranny fluid. Didn't have any issues before. Hell it doesn't even burn a lick of oil. So I'm pretty upset. Any ideas on what I should check? I accidently broke loose some of the case bolts on the underside during the tear down and I'm thinking I broke that seal and now it isn't seated properly. Don't see any fluid around the new axle seals.
I wanna reject this message. got ahead of myself I'm actually loosing fluid from the right side axle (passenger) I finally got it off the ground to really explore the underside. sure as $#!t it's coming from there, I must have pinched it or not seated it right, luckily i just had everything apart so replacing that seal will be a breeze. oh!! and most importantly I wanna thank you for the post I couldn't have done it without this DIY guide. It was quite the task, but it was a great time, and a great learning experience.

edit: and holy crap am I sore. I definitely recommend a sober friend/relative to help. My cousin hit my case of beer i brought over for letting me use his garage pretty hard and ended up pretty much being moral support besides mating up the tranny to the motor the next morning half hungover haha. Thanks again westcoast!

Last edited by Green Hornet; 08-14-2018 at 12:06 AM.
Old 02-08-2019, 05:23 PM
swaggs21

I never thought that when we did this post that we would have helped this many people, or that 15 years later people would still be using it as a resource.

Glad it has helped a bunch of people!
Old 02-11-2019, 09:34 AM
John madsen

Default Problem with flywheel positioning pins and pressure plate

I had my flywheel resurfaced and now I can't get he pressure plate to slide onto the pins. Any thoughts?
Old 08-28-2019, 12:14 PM
unusefultruth

I recently changed the clutch disc and pressure plate in my 98 EX. I used a regular duralast from autozone. Now I am experiencing some strange behavior from the clutch pedal.

I have adjusted the clutch pedal so there is a ton of free play before it engages the clutch plate. As the engine heats up, the free play slowly disappears as the clutch engagement point gets higher and higher in the clutch pedal stroke. At operating temp, the clutch pedal is very tight with zero free play. The clutch pedal begins to engage the clutch disc right at the top of the pedal stroke.

At first i thought I had an air bubble in my hydraulic clutch line. I have ruled that out with multiple bleeds. Now i don’t know what to do. There was a packet of grease that came with the clutch disc and pressure plate. It was supposed to go on the transmission input shaft. I completely forgot until I had it all back together. My only guess as to what is going on is that I forgot to grease the transmission input shaft. But I don’t understand how that would explain the strange behavior of the clutch pedal.

Any help would be highly appreciated.