Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

DIYs: A few good DIYs for 7th Gen Accord that I wrote

Old 03-25-2007, 12:52 PM
badtameezboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIYs: A few good DIYs for 7th Gen Accord that I wrote

[spoiler="7th gen A/T shift knob conversion"]Do you want your shift knob to look like this.

Then here is the DIY for you. Cheap just under $25 and take about an hour.
Iam posting it for everyone but you have to post a picture of your car later when its done.

Tools needed.
* Philips screw driver
* A small and thin saw or just a saw blade. Can use a Pipe cutter as well

Difficulty 1-10:
* 5 (for cutting the Pipe)

Time:
* Around 1 Hour

Skills needed:
* Patience

Start:

1) Remove your stock shift knob by taking off the 2 screws in front of the knob facing the Radio.

2) Pull the shift knob up. You might have to twist it a li'l bit.

3) Remove the white bushing and a small metal rod on top of the hollow shifter rod.

The knob I bought is this and its available on Ebay, Item # 8000450437. Discard the instruction on the box cause its for M/T.

4) The knob came with these parts. There were 2 sizes of screws, you only need one of the Small ones.

5) If you install the knob on the stock height, it will look horrible and will not work. You need to cut the hollow shifter pipe but make sure not to cut the plastic rod that inside the pipe at this time.

6) Start cutting right in middle of the 2 holes. Thats the perfect height for the knob and also if later you want to trade your car its easy to put it back together.

It should look like this after cutting. You can paint the rod to black or any color you want. I was thinking about just puttin a black carbon fiber style pipe on it but cant find it.

Notice: I cut the black plactic rod about 2" higher than the rod. You can adjust that later.

7) First put the Base of the knob on the pipe.

8) Then Install the Adapter right where it is using the supplied Small Screw and Allen Wrench. Only use one Small Screw and secure it good so the Adapter does'nt move.

9) Attach the Center to the Base and put the Spring on top.

10) Attach the Top portions to the Center, Clean the Saw dust and you got your self a new knob. You have the press it down from now on.

Congratulations: You got yourself a new cool lookin interior. I get lots of compliments from my friends.

Take it to a test drive and get used to it but keep your fingers clear eveytime to put into "P" or you might hurt yourself from the coin box. It happened to me a few times

If you cannot take the key out after you put it in "P", dont panic. Just take the top of the knob out and make the adapter a li'l bit higher and try it again untill you can take it out. Test it a few times. It only happens happens when the shifter rod is pressed down.

Email me at shon.nv@gmail.com if you have any questions. Goodluck.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler="7th gen Blue Gauges DIY"]

This the Cheapest and the Best DIY if you wanna have this look

Theory:

The 7th Gen Accord has LED soldered to the circuit and its hard to change the bulbs. I thought if we add a blue tint behind the gauges, it will give nice results and will be cheaper and easier.

Tools:
  1. Philips Screw Driver
  2. Blade
  3. Scissors
  4. Rubber or latex gloves
  5. Lots of Patience
  6. High temprature blue film(seller's email paperstplastics@aol.com , Ebay Item number 7304281645)
Cost:
Under $10

Lets start by removing the gauges assembly. Remove the 2 screws on top of the speedometer.

Gently pull the cover out. There are 2 clips holding it from the inside on the bottom

Remove the connector and pipe the right side of the cover and completely remove it.

Now remove the 2 screws from the bottom

One screw from the top

Unplug the Green connector from the Gauges and gently pull out the whole assembly

Pictures of Gauges, front and back.

Remove the top cover by prying out the tabs shown. Only the transparent tabs at this time.

Remove the cover

Remove the outer housing by prying out the rest of the tabs

Remove the Bezel on top of the speedeometer. Put the gloves on from now on cause you dont want to put nasty finger prints all over the gauges.

Here is the blue film. Make sure its high temprature and non-adhesive.

Cut a piece similar to this. You can make template on paper to be more precise.

Gently lift the black carpet and carefuly Place it behind that. i will look like this. Carefuly trim the edges using the blade.

On the rest of the gauges, the black carpet is sticked to the housing. Insert the blade and loosen up the stickyness.

Do the door indicator first. Cut a small piece like this and insert in behind the carpet.

Trim the extra part using the blade.

Cut a piece like this for the Fuel and tempratur gauges and insert in behind the carpet.

Cut a piece similar to this for the RPM.

Trim the extra part with a blade.

Now the gear. Cut a piece like this and insert behind the carpet.

The gauges are done, Plug it in to the car and make sure everything is good. If something needs trimming or changes, do accordingly.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="7th Gen cabin air filter replacement"]I changed my Cabin air filter on 26k miles and thought I should post a DIY.

Cost:

$20 shipped from www.handaaccessories.com. Might get it cheaper somewhere else.

Tools:

None

Skills Level:

None

Time:

20 mins

The Old filter:

Vs the New one:

Empty your glove box and look for a latch on the right side.

Push it back to unhook it

Now push the inside walls of the glove box towards the inside

The glove box will be loose, gently drop it down. BE CAREFUL IT MIGHT BREAK.

This is where the filter is

press the tabs towards the inside on both sides

And pull the filter housing out.

Replace the filter but be sure the match the Arrows of the air flow with the filter. Spray a little bit of your favourite cologne before you go on a date and it will smell nice inside.

Enjoy the freshness of clean air. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions.[/spoiler]
Old 04-03-2007, 06:36 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

:thumbup:
Old 11-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Lane

I really like the look of that shifter. Unfortunately, the eBay auction is no longer available. Do you have a link to any current information on it?
Old 11-23-2007, 08:13 PM
nspec_Cd5

Really nice, may be the next thing i'll do to my 03 accord
Old 11-27-2007, 01:28 PM
ericgordon123

niiice

is there any risk involved with putting the film on the gauges? like possibly messing up any of the gauges?

if not its def my next project

thanks for the info