Notices
Detailing Forum Advice on detailing from the experts.

product review: Wenol Metal Polish

Old 06-03-2008, 11:24 AM
DakarM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default product review: Wenol Metal Polish

Wenol. It's a metal polish that polishes and leaves a protective film.

It was tested on my friends 1991 850i. He has an after market REMUS exhaust that is well... looked like it was pretty much shot.

First I polished using my hand and a MF cloth. It actually worked extremely well. But it wasn't the tough part. It was the side of the tip. Next I started working on the exhaust opening... It was completely black. I polished with my hands for about 15mins and I saw that it was making a difference but slowly.

I gave up for the night and went home. Next day after work, I went to buy a Mothers Powerball Mini. I applied the Wenol directly to the power ball and within minutes all the carbon disappeared!!!!

The combination of power ball + Wenol worked so well I ended up polishing out all of the carbon from all 4 tips within 30mins and whatever side of the tips I could reach with the power ball.

Some time next week, we're going to drop the exhaust and finish the job.

you can see in the first pic, the top of the left tip how bad the carbon deposits were. the whole tip was like that. on the right tip, inside you can see where I tried to remove the carbon deposits there. most likely i'll use a wire brush attached to the power drill and buff it out with the power ball later on.

in the second pic you can sort of see how bad the sides were. it looks like it's just dirty with dirt but that shit wasn't coming off at all with water and car wash fluid.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
45.jpg (122.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg
46.jpg (179.0 KB, 12 views)
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.