Notices
Detailing Forum Advice on detailing from the experts.

Any Suggestions???

Old 05-27-2006, 05:45 PM
loafeidb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Suggestions???

Ok, well its summer time and i need a summer job, I have been looking around but have found nothing, so I though maybe i should do my own little detailing work this summer. Here's the scenerio(sp??), I live in a small town of about 2600 people, most of them are elderly people, there arent any detailing shops within 25-40 miles.

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what all i would need to look out for and what stuff i would need, I have 2 buffers, pressure washer and a shopvac.

Any help would be apreciated
Old 05-29-2006, 05:15 AM
Detailed Image
Registered

First thing I would decide a few major things...

a) Mobile Unit or b) Bring to you / Shop

1) High end work or 2) Quick cleanups

From there you can better suit your needs, elderly people I'd say being mobile and doing quick cleanups would work for you. We are the complete opposite they bring it to us and we're high end. This weeds out the bottomfeeders just looking for a quick cheap job. Our average detail runs about $275 or so.

Make up a brochoure and plaster the neighborhoods, maybe even go door to door and sell them on your services. You can also create packages for monthly maintenance work so that you tie in the customers for more work.

If you are going to do mobile, maybe come up with a group rate per neighborhood, something like a group buy, if you have 10 clients in a neighborhood you get "x" pricing, 20 you get "y", etc. This will encourage them to talk to eachother and get your more business especially if they enjoy your work.

This should get you started thinking about what you plan on doing. Alot of it will depend on your experience and equipment as far as your pricing is concerned.

Anyways, hope this helps.

George @ Detailed Image
Old 05-29-2006, 06:21 AM
loafeidb

Thanks for our help, I will start by doing what you said.

I will talk to you on AIM later on about buying materials