Notices
Detailing Forum Advice on detailing from the experts.

question about mothers clay bar

Old 02-01-2006, 06:09 PM
J Lude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about mothers clay bar

i was reading up on mothers clay bar because im planning to wax and polish my car. But there are somethings i dont understand.

I understand that i am supposed to wash then dry the car. After drying the car, i should claybar the car with the claybar and the lubricant... then this is where i am confused....becuase i want to also polish my car....should polish my car after claying it??..then use the carnauba wax in the kit? I also am planning to wet sand off some rust on my car.... should i wet sand then use the bar? then polish? then wax?
Old 02-01-2006, 06:34 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

The bar will remove surface contaminants in your paint. It must be used in conjunction with the "lubricant" which is just their Instant Detailer. Having used it several times on many cars, I can say it does wonders when used correctly. It must be used on a clean and dry car. Do it before any polishing or sanding. Just so you know, polish removes your top layer of paint and is not to be used unless waxes no longer do the job. Like in the case of heavy oxidation or acid rain spots.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:13 PM
Schwa
Schiggity

Just to reiterate:

1. Rinse your car
2. Wash your car
3. Rinse (and dry if u want, but not neccessary if you're gonna clay)
4. Clay car
5. Rinse
6. Dry
7. Paint Cleaner (to remove oxidation, water spots, swirls)
8. Polish
9. Wax (and wax again if you want more than one coat)

If you're gonna wetsand the rust I think this should occur before the clay (generally start with most abrasive and then proceed to the finest cutting, which in this case would be the clay then the polish)

Also, let me direct you to autopia.org
Those guys know everything!