Notices

91 Civic si ecu ?

Old 04-01-2011, 06:15 PM
gingas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 Civic si ecu ?

Yeah, I have a ? I wanted to ask. Had car at shop to see why car won't start all the time. Have a 1gen B16 w/ chipped ecu. It'll start right away & other times it might take 30 min.
I thought it might be fuel pump since I never had changed since I had car in 02. The shop said fuel pump good to go & seems like I could have a bad ecu.
Would this cause car not to fire up like that. They said they don't deal with ecu's. So, should I look into getting another stock pr3 ecu.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 04-02-2011, 01:14 PM
ChrisS

Sounds like a bad master relay. (under the dash near the driver's side door; the master relay controls the power to the fuel pump)

Replace it OR take the old one to a TV repair shop and have them resolder all the solder joints.
(Until I fixed the main relay, my '91 CRX Si had the same intermittent starting problem especially in hot weather.)
Old 04-06-2011, 09:39 AM
gingas

update. I think that was my problem. I forgot I had 1 laying around I got from junkyard while ago. Switched that & started up & cut off car like 40X to see what happens. I then waited another hr & restarted. Fires right up. Hope have no more issues from this. Honda wanted like $81.

I do have a ? if anyone can help. I posted a ? of gsr leather seats in the Integra forum if anyone read it. How do you post a pic on here?

Thanks