Notices

What happened...

Old 04-29-2010, 01:18 PM
shorty_boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happened...

to the forum. Has everyone gone to crxcommunity? I have but this use to be the place to hang out.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:41 PM
slomofo

I'll give you a brief overview of what happened.

Ten years ago the forum was alive and well, then the forum shut down temporarily requiring all of us to register again. Some of us moved over to honda-tech, others moved to team-integra, clubsi, and various other forums, but some of us remained here. We started posting again as usual with the loss of a small group of people, but then the forum shut down again requiring us to all re-register. This last time the forum shut down, a lot of us didn't want to put up with the re-registering, so we left for good, but again, a select few remained to keep the site going. I think that last shut down is what killed the site; sure it was still alive and kicking, but barely. Around 04-05ish is when the site sort of dwindled down to nothing and it has been slowly dragging itself through time ever since.

I can't remember my original screenname because it's been ten years, but I do remember a member here who went by crucialSi or CrucialCivicSi or something like that; he was a moderator with a 93 Si w/B18C and the biggest prick the world had ever seen. I thought he was cool before when I had a million posts and OG status, but once I registered this screenname, he treated me like some noob who didn't know anything, so I just got up and left. I don't know why everyone else left, but I'd like to think that he's the dude who ran this place into the ground. I'm sure everyone else just kinda grew up and moved on to better things, but to satisfy my everlasting grudge, let's just say that the former moderator whose screenname was Crucial-something, ran this place into the ground.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:43 AM
Gasoline Fumes
Automotive Enthusiast

I think I only had to re-register once. I think I originally joined back in 2000, but my join date says 03-17-02. Anybody remember me?
Old 08-31-2010, 10:23 AM
daveb91
Boo Boo Kitty F*#k

CRXcommunity.........
Old 09-28-2010, 07:37 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

I know I'm extremely late to the party, and I can't remember the last time I posted...

I'm not very active here anymore because I graduated college, got married, work offshore, and have gotten even MORE involved in racing of all sorts [if that were possible :lol:].

Haven't done much to my '85 DX in a while, it's actually due for a tear down and freshening up before rust makes that impossible.

Most of the friends I made on this board have similar stories, but I keep in semi-regular contact with those folks.

Times change and people move on, that's all.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:59 PM
93hondablk
TheOtherJesse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to be here all the time too on the tech forums but it just became so dead I just stayed in the basement....
I never see you guys post over there, you guys should swing by and introduce yourself's. Its a good way to past time during work.