Notices

tach won't work after swap

Old 03-28-2009, 12:29 AM
SHUA619CIVICSI
1991 CIVIC SI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tach won't work after swap

hello there,i just finished my swap and my tach wont work it dont even move at all.ive looked over every thing and cant find out why.the speed omater works just not my tach...so if any of you can tell me something i have might overlooked i will apperceate it
Old 03-28-2009, 04:42 AM
Tedmond

check your tach wire. the tach wire in the engine bay will be towards the left side of the tower strut. Its a 2pin connector with a rubber boot on it. If you did a swap, run a wire from the cluster through the firewall, and tap into this wire. this will ensure the tach will work.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:52 PM
SHUA619CIVICSI
1991 CIVIC SI

Originally Posted by Tedmond
check your tach wire. the tach wire in the engine bay will be towards the left side of the tower strut. Its a 2pin connector with a rubber boot on it. If you did a swap, run a wire from the cluster through the firewall, and tap into this wire. this will ensure the tach will work.
that sounds confuseing im going to look in my book and see what your talking about. the swap was just a stock replacement zc sohc so the wires should just be the same do you have any pics of this wire?
Old 03-29-2009, 07:04 AM
Tedmond

i dont have any pics, but its fairly simple to find. It will often be on the left side of the engine bay at the strut tower. It also may be on the right side. BUt if you did a direct swap, make sure you didnt miss a connection.