Notices

High Idle lot's of smoke new hg

Old 01-12-2009, 09:12 AM
941crx
junkyard junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Idle lot's of smoke new hg

Ok first off engine is a D15B2 dpfi, 4speed manual, bone stock. I drove up from FL to NC back in november when I was moving and noticed on the way that the antifreeze had droped, I knew it was smoking but I figured it was just burn off or something as it was a used engine untill I noticed the antifreeze drop. So it sat from then on untill saturday when I pulled the head to find the remains of a headgasket, looked like it had seen better years , anywho, scraped off what was left threw the new one in, torqued it to 22 all of them then up to 53 after. Noticable POSITIVE improvment, idle doesn't sputter. The negative side affects now however is it's still smoking, I let it run for a half hour just to see if the antifreeze would drop, didn't so thats good, but the idle slowly rises on it's own from 2k when it first starts, up to 5k. I did put a new Thermostat in so I know thats working, and went ahead and replaced the tbelt even though it only had a few thousand miles on it along with the waterpump since I didn't know how long it had been in there but safer to replace now then later.

Any ideas on whatsup? Antifreeze isn't getting lower now, idle creeps up, did sit but only for about 3 months, and the smoke. Anyone got an idea where to start looking?