Notices

aftermatket intake manifold

Old 09-09-2008, 06:25 PM
fuzzycrx420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermatket intake manifold

got a b7 in my crex i bolted on a after market intake manifold at first it started to just rev high like 6000 and now it goes uo to 2000 and like bounces i must have vacume and coolant lines fed up tp and map sen i only have one plug i think my confused as you can tell can someone give me a good diagram or some tipsss and im sorry i know you guys hear this all the time i tryed to search it but i want my baby back
Old 09-09-2008, 07:24 PM
PacificDude
Sharkbait OOHAHA!

For future reference, label everything if you don't have a diagram.

Can you put up a picture to show us what we're dealing with here?

BTW, don't be afraid to use periods for complete sentences.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:41 PM
fuzzycrx420

yeah so when i start the car the rpms just jump. Could that be like bad tps or bad map? please help!!!!!! i cant give pics cause i cant find my usb for my phone
Old 09-10-2008, 05:54 PM
PacificDude
Sharkbait OOHAHA!

What manifold was on the car before, a DPFI(DX) or MPFI(Si or HF) manifold? Did it run normally before you installed the new intake manifold?

You could have one problem, or a combination of problems. Start by checking all your vacuum lines for cuts or cracks. Make sure all the vacuum lines are plugged back into their proper places. Make sure all your sensors are plugged back in. Make sure the intake manifold and throttle body were tightened properly.

If you have a failing component it may be hard to tell which one it is. By playing 'process of elimination' you could start unplugging electrical connections to the intake manifold while the car is running. If the idle changes then that part is likely to be working properly. If there is no change in idle when a part is unplugged then that component may likely be faulty. Any part you believe to be bad could be replaced to see if the car runs correctly. This can be time consuming.

Please use common sense and take everything I've said here with a grain of salt. If you have to, consult with a professionally trained technician.

(A trick I learned was to spray brake cleaner lightly around the manifold where any vacuum leak is possible. If the engine RPM's go up when you spray in a certain location there is a leak there.)
AS A DISCLAIMER: Perform this task at your own risk! Brake cleaner spray is highly flammable and can cause injury and/or damage when not used for its intended purpose. I assume no responsibility for any injury and/or damage caused from improper use of this product.

Last edited by PacificDude; 09-10-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:51 AM
fuzzycrx420

the mani i had on the car was 4 point injection from a d16a6 and yes the car ran good. iv tested for leaks and cant find any. i was thinking thats the idle might be set to high on the set screw and its like trying to correct it like over compensation or some thing. it doesnt seem to make a differance what sen. are pluged in so i guess ill take all the sen. off my a6 mani and put tm on the new one
Old 09-11-2008, 07:42 AM
PacificDude
Sharkbait OOHAHA!

You never hooked up all the sensors? Again, what new manifold did you use? You are not giving us a clear picture of what you've done; you need to be more specific. Answers to these questions will better help us know the variables of the situation.

If you didn't hook up the sensors (EACV, TA sensor, Fast idle control solenoid valve, etc.) then of course it's not going to run correctly. One more thing to check may be the throttle cable. The bracket may be mounted on the new manifold in a slightly different position making the cable too tight on the throttle body.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:00 PM
fuzzycrx420

its a e-bay mani. i got it off of a d15b3 block with a mystery vtec head i think is a z6 but i dont know my brother said i need a new manifold cause the one i have on it dosent have a spot for a senser that the a6 mani did he says that i have to get a new one made for my car he also said the gasket could be bad