Notices

rear dsic conversion on a 1991 ef hatch

Old 08-31-2006, 08:58 AM
mario_r34

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear dsic conversion on a 1991 ef hatch

h: i wan tto do a rear disc conversion on my 1991 ef and i need to know what exactly i need to buy to do it.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:13 AM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Use DA brake lines, rotors, etc...
Old 08-31-2006, 09:16 AM
KungFuKorean

i think there is a thread on it... im pretty sure you can use integra trailing arms with the brake assembly attached and the ebrake cable...
Old 08-31-2006, 09:17 AM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by KungFuKorean
i think there is a thread on it... im pretty sure you can use integra trailing arms with the brake assembly attached and the ebrake cable...

there is... too lazy to search for it though h:
Old 08-31-2006, 09:26 AM
twinring

I did this back when I had an EF,
CRX donor or Japanese SIR
Rear trailing arm with hub assembly for disk brakes
Upper control arm
Compensator arms
Rotors
Brake calipers and brackets
Brake pads with shims
Parking brake cables

If I can remember correctly I had to change out the hyraulic brake lines, but I was short on cash, so I went to Napa and bought some fittings.

Last edited by twinring; 08-31-2006 at 09:29 AM. Reason: addendum
Old 08-31-2006, 10:40 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Originally Posted by KungFuKorean
try to get 90-91 Si ebrake cable as the DA's is longer and won't mount as easily to stock locations (have to be more creative but may hang from under car and if you bottom out it could damage or break the cable)
Old 08-31-2006, 11:17 AM
lscrx-hopeful

i have a 90 integra with rear disc i just pulled my motor from if your interested
Old 08-31-2006, 01:24 PM
daveb91
Boo Boo Kitty F*#k

Nobody mentioned it but you definately need the correct proportioning valve.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:13 PM
ED9man
driver

You need a 2040 prop valve, 7/8 MC you do not use any of the Integra arms, reuse the stock LCA, UCA and comp arms. It's a very good idea to have the bushings in the trailing arms done. Usually they are so bad you can tear them out by hand. Also make sure the trailing arms are straight and save your old ones. Worst comes to worse you can swap the disc hubs into your old trailing arms. This is actually probably the best thing to do, the Integra arms are a little bigger and heavier. I think mine are a little tweaked because they had to max out the alignment adjustment on one side to get them straight. That's another thing, make sure you get an alignment afterwards, it's probably going to change a little bit. I'd also reccomend doing SS lines all around when you do it, you might as well because the stock ones likely need replacement after 15-18 years and you want to get the most out of the brakes considering you are upgrading. You can reuse your stock booster, just make sure you get an MC for a 90-91 civic Si that came with rear disc. It's 7/8 as opposed to the stock 13/16's. And of course new rotors and pads goes without saying, just make sure the pads are the same type as the fronts. You might need calipers too, the ones I got were seized and the rubber seals looked like shit. For e-brake cables get the ones for a 90-91 Civic Si, they will fit just like the factory ones. No need to rig Integra ones. www.magauto.com is the best place to get most OEM parts, wholesale prices. I bought my cables from some guy online and he lied to me, they were not 90-91 CRX Si ones and they did not fit.

Actually might you be interested in buying them if they are 90-91 Civic Si ones? I'll run the numbers and check, because they are no use to me and I want to get rid of them. I'll sell them cheap. Not the best item to do used.