Notices

99 civic si knuckles/hub/brakes in 89 crx

Old 10-29-2005, 07:41 PM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 civic si knuckles/hub/brakes in 89 crx

Hey everyone! My questions are:
1. Will 99 civic si's knuckle/hub assembly fit into an 89 crx si?
2. If it does, can I use my current 90-91 integra ls calipers? Or will i have to use the 99 civic si's calipers. Rotors are the same, I checked, but wondering if the integra's caliper will fit okay on the civic's knuckle?
The reason i'm asking is because the brakes were swapped on my crx before I bought it, and now the wheel bearing is bad. I've been across town trying to locate the proper wheel bearing to fit onto the hub, but 89-93 crx/civic/integra's bearings do not fit, the crx being the smallest, and the integra's bearing being slightly too small.:dunno:
I found the above 99 civic si at a parts yard, but with a missing caliper on the driver's side, that's why i'm wondering if I can use my calipers. If I can't use my calipers, no big deal i'll just buy a caliper to replace the missing one. I really just wanna make sure that I can use the civic's knuckle/hub on my car. Thanks again for any suggestions or help! BTW, i posted a similar thread in the crx/pre 92 civic forum, but no one seems to know....
Old 10-30-2005, 01:31 AM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

bump
Old 10-30-2005, 03:19 PM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

bump
Old 10-31-2005, 07:14 AM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

Anyone??? I'm gonna go down to the yard today and pick up the stuff, hopefully it works. If it doesn't, then i'm probably just gonna return everything back to stock, since there was also a 91 hatchback in the yard. I don't wanna downgrade my brakes, but i don't really know what to do now...
Old 10-31-2005, 12:04 PM
Highmile
VX Hatch with 431,500!

All that stuff is several generations apart. I'd be surprised if any of it worked.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:58 PM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

Hey well guess what? The 99 civic si coupe's knuckles fit right into the crx, using 90-91 integra calipers!! I spent hours trying to find out if this would work, but no site or forum ever mentioned this. I just got done installing the parts, and took her for a test drive. No problems with camber or fitment, but i may have an alignment issue, i'm taking the rex in soon to have the alignment checked. So surprise everyone! If u guys wanna do a big brake upgrade, but can't find 90-91 civic ex sedan knuckles(since I hear they're so damn rare!), then u can use 99 civic si coupe knuckles and 90-91 integra ls calipers (or possibly even later year integra) to get it done! I'll keep u guys posted on the alignment.