Notices

Wheel bearing question

Old 10-28-2005, 05:58 PM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel bearing question

Hey everyone, this is the situation. I have an 89 crx si, with apparently swapped front brakes. The pads I bought are for a 93 integra ls and fit right into the caliper, so I thought the whole knuckle/hub assembly would be for the same car as the pads. The problem is the wheel bearing. Mine is bad, but I don't know what bearing to buy for the car. I purchased a bearing for a 93 integra, but the inside diameter that goes onto the hub is just a hair too small. The bearing for an 89 crx also is way too small to go onto the hub.
Does anyone have a clue what year/car I should purchase the wheel bearing for? Like i said, i've checked for 89 crx and 93 integra, and both bearings are too small to press onto the hub. Thanks for any help or suggestions!
Old 10-29-2005, 01:34 AM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

Anyone know what possibilities there are for the wheel bearing or hub? I'm thinking maybe the 91 civic ex, but the civic sedan ex/lx/dx, crx si/dx, and civic si/dx all have the same hubs, so i wonder why my hub and wheel bearing is larger than those cars'? I'm starting to wonder if the bearing & hub are off a legend or something:dunno: Anyone have any clue to what possible model/year car I should look into? I have to get this done today. Thanks again guys.
BTW, i measured the rotors, and there about 10.25" in diameter, if that helps.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:13 PM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

Okay. I guess i'm not gonna replace the bearing by itself, since no one seems to know what I can get. I checked 89-93 civic/integra/crx bearings, but to no avail. However, I found a 99 civic si in the junkyard. I'm wondering if the knuckel/hub assembly from the civic si will work with my caliper/brake assembly. I just got back with a 97 civic knuckle, cuz they had one just lying around, but the distance between the rotor and the caliper mounting tabs is way too small, so my caliper can't fit in.
Does anyone know if I can use the 99 civic si knuckle with my setup?
I'm not sure what calipers are on my crx, but 93 integra ls brake pads fit, if that helps.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:17 PM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

Anyone? Well, i think i'm just gonna use the 99 civic si knuckle, hub, and caliper, and just bolt everything into my car. Does anyone think will there be a problem with brake lines, balljoints, tie-rod, or anything? Has anyone even swapped in a 99 civic si's brakes/knuckle into their car? Or is it not even possible? Anyone with suggestions, please help.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:22 AM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

Anyone?
Old 10-31-2005, 11:00 PM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

Well, it's possible, check the other thread I started.