Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   CRX & Pre 92 Civic (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/crx-and-pre-92-civic-8/)
-   -   cheap ebay b series engine mounts (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/crx-and-pre-92-civic/168709-cheap-ebay-b-series-engine-mounts.html)

RicerVtr 12-17-2004 01:54 PM

cheap ebay b series engine mounts

one of my buds is lookin at doin a b series swap into his crx and he found these mounts on ebay for just over a hundred bux, does anybody have any experiences with these mounts? Or heard of anybody with good or bad experiences with these mounts? thanks

Xxcrx90xX 12-17-2004 02:02 PM

i dunno...what company are they? i have a set of motor mounts and axels for b series into a crx..I also have my b18a motor..but i think im trading my b18 for a mini me..but i will trade my motor mounts and axels for a d16a6 bottom end...depends if he has an si and if your in a reasonable drive...so where are you located?

GSRRacer95 12-17-2004 02:10 PM

You get what you pay for.......... Buyer beware!!

teg92 12-17-2004 02:11 PM

GSRRACER is right you get what you pay for, just tell you friend to save a little more and get some hasport mounts

Civic2Scooby 12-17-2004 03:12 PM

HASport mounts are the only mounts I would buy/recomend/use...PERIOD.

RicerVtr 12-17-2004 04:41 PM

does anybody have a reason for not liking these mounts or is it just because there cheap. Does anybody have any experience with them or know anybody who has??? thanks

Kai 12-18-2004 11:06 AM

Think of it this way: If they brake, your expensive B engine fall down, go boom. :chuckles:

Skad 12-18-2004 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Kai
Think of it this way: If they brake, your expensive B engine fall down, go boom. :chuckles:

:werd: x334834788735

I think it's worth the extra hundred or whatever for the better mounts..

Don't go cheap on something so vital dude..

RicerVtr 12-18-2004 02:03 PM

well i know, but im trying to find out if thats what actually might happen or everyone is just saying don't buy them cause there cheap. Does anybody have any experience with them, known anybody who has experience with them, heard horrer stories, or not and so on. I understand why some people might say that, but if you have no experience with them at all, or have never even heard of people having bad experiences with them then you really don't have a reason to say there bad. thanks

Skad 12-18-2004 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by RicerVtr
well i know, but im trying to find out if thats what actually might happen or everyone is just saying don't buy them cause there cheap. Does anybody have any experience with them, known anybody who has experience with them, heard horrer stories, or not and so on. I understand why some people might say that, but if you have no experience with them at all, or have never even heard of people having bad experiences with them then you really don't have a reason to say there bad. thanks

I don't think you will get many people here who would have the experience nor a friend that has.. because friends don't let friends buy cheap motor-mounts..

And pretty much everyone here would rather spend a few extra bucks now than spend a grip load of money and time if those mounts were to fail.

How about you do the favor of letting your friend test these out and then come back and let us know..