Notices

:FAQ: How to Remove CRX Door Sill (56K Death)

Old 03-13-2004, 06:17 PM
crxforum
... in my pants

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default :FAQ: How to Remove CRX Door Sill (56K Death)

This is fairly simple. There are a total of 13 bolts that have to be removed, and that is the main part of the removal.
Step #1:

Here are some pics just to show you what is coming off if you don't know what I am talking about.

Step #2:

Locate the six bolts that are inside of the door. They are on top of the door sill and remove them.

Step #3:

You will have to remove the back wheel to get at the back bolt. There is no clearance in there to fit even the smallest screwdriver in there on the stock 13" wheels. When the wheel is off take your screwdriver and unscrew the two screws in the rear wheel well.

Step #4:

There are four bolts under the car that need to be removed. If you look under the door sill you will see four bolts. Remove them.

Step #5:

Now from the back of the sill (near the back wheel well) work your way around the edges of the sill pulling it out as you go. When you have the end off all you have to do is pull it out to the right and then back towards you.

Step #6:

Here is just a note if you are putting the sill back on. There is a rubber clip near the front of the door that is a real pain in the ass. You will have to hold it out when you slide the sill back on because if it is in the wrong place then it won't fit right.

CRX Forum
Old 03-13-2004, 10:47 PM
A_PHOBIA

dude,why all the lame *facts* thats not even a goddamn door sill
Old 03-14-2004, 08:31 AM
crxforum
... in my pants

Originally Posted by A_PHOBIA
dude,why all the lame *facts* thats not even a goddamn door sill
First off I hope you dont think that FAQ means facts. It stands for Frequently Asked Questions. Second according to my '88 CRX Helms manual that part is called a lower door sill. Third not all people who have a CRX or any car for that matter buy it and instantly know everything about anything on the car. This might help someone down the line, and that is the point of it. Not so trolls like you can respond with smart ass remarks that are not only stupid but also contain flawed information and logic. If you respond to this post I will not respond to yours in advance do to the sheer idiocy of your posts in all of my threads so far.

CRX Forum
Old 03-14-2004, 09:18 AM
George Knighton

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately, people spend money on manuals for the express purpose of gleaning information that crxforum is providing. Might as well have it available free, here.
Old 03-14-2004, 09:42 AM
A_PHOBIA

yeah,if some one asks the question.not just go posting raandom facts about anything and every thing.if some one asks the question and this detailed verry well put together bit of information comes up then great.
Old 03-14-2004, 09:47 AM
George Knighton

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, bud. At least now they can search for it here, eh?

Can you think of something you'd like to have a recorded FAQ for?
Old 03-14-2004, 09:56 AM
A_PHOBIA

thats the only problem,unless its a sticky its going to be off the pages in a couple of days.it just makes a hell of a lot more sense to wait until the question is auctually asked,and the door trim question came up a while ago and was answerd,verry poorley compared to this answer.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:01 AM
AwwsChwA

why are you getting so uppity about a FAQ post? If you don't like it, don't frikkin read it. Personally I think it's good information, and it's good that someone put it here.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:08 AM
A_PHOBIA

this one is usefull,but goddamn taking off the steering wheel?
lame.
Old 03-14-2004, 03:17 PM
crxforum
... in my pants

Originally Posted by A_PHOBIA
thats the only problem,unless its a sticky its going to be off the pages in a couple of days.it just makes a hell of a lot more sense to wait until the question is auctually asked,and the door trim question came up a while ago and was answerd,verry poorley compared to this answer.
I know that I said I wasnt going to respond to your posts but I think it is necessary in this case. The FAQ sticky at the top of the CRX forum was created by me. Which I plan on updating with other FAQs that I find on the web aswell with others that people on HAN make themselves and post. This is so that we can have a digital catelogue so that people, instead of searching through different threads, can look at the sticky at the top of this forum and find what they are looking for easier than searching through the search function on the site. This is because they might of spelt it wrong or something. Also with a FAQ in the title it makes it possible for a searcher to find a FAQ faster. It also allows myself and the mods who want to add to the FAQ on the top of this forum add threads as they are made by other HAN members. It may not be usefull right now or even near in the future, but it might help someone with a problem no matter how large or small and it is cheaper than buying a helms.

CRX Forum

Quick Reply: :FAQ: How to Remove CRX Door Sill (56K Death)