Notices

Can anyone tell me if this would work...

Old 06-24-2013, 02:18 PM
redcivicforever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone tell me if this would work...

I have had an ongoing intermittent issue with my gauge instrument lights not working. My mechanics have exhausted all channels trying to resolve it without success.

At this point i'm looking at alternative means of gauge lighting. I found the gauge overlays below. They say they have a power transformer. I am not sure if these would work independent of the power that would normally light the exsisting gauges that aren't working due to electrical issue that remains undiagnosed. Could these work though my existing guages are not or would they still require the exsisting gauges be in working order? Thank you in advance for any help.

link to the gauge overlays I am looking at:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/88-91-EF-Hon...#ht_1854wt_874
Old 06-24-2013, 08:35 PM
jbluesi

unless you really want those overlays, i would just replace your dimmer switch, cause thats my guess at your issue. but if your getting them anyways, you fuse panel has blank ports with male spade connections with constant power, others ignition power. good luck
Old 06-26-2013, 08:16 AM
redcivicforever

Originally Posted by jbluesi
unless you really want those overlays, i would just replace your dimmer switch, cause thats my guess at your issue. but if your getting them anyways, you fuse panel has blank ports with male spade connections with constant power, others ignition power. good luck
Thank you but I did already replace the switch and it didn't fix it.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:26 PM
ChrisS

Get some electrical contact cleaner and some q-tips.
Remove each cluster light bulb.
Clean the cluster's bulb contacts _and_ the bulb's contacts also. (test each light bulb with a continuity tester.)
Clean the ground pin for the cluster connection(black wire). (and the cluster light pin, it should be the wire connected to the dimmer switch; check the dimmer switch with a ohm meter: high, a few places in the middle, and low; the resistance should change)
Old 07-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Brodon

Yes! I agree,I just finished reading it and posted a question relating to it.