Notices

Steer Clear of Tischer Acura Nissan in Laurel, MD!

Old 09-26-2012, 10:04 AM
slick230

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steer Clear of Tischer Acura Nissan in Laurel, MD!

I started over at Acurazine but wanted to share it here as well to help other enthusiasts who are in the Laurel, MD area make good decisions.

I was in the market for a new 2012 TL. After my experience with Tischer Acura Nissan in Laurel, MD messing up my RL I decided to go to Norris Acura in Ellicott City, MD (the ones who fixed Tischer's craptastic work on my RL) to buy the new TL. After negotiating a good price of the new TL we were not able to agree on a trade-in price for my 2008 BMW M5.

I took the offer we worked out for the new TL and went to Tischer to see if they would offer me more for the M5. I am able to work out a better price for the TL and a much better trade in offer for the M5.

While negotiating additional add-ons (remote start, rims and such) they offered lifetime tire replacements as long as I brought the car to them for service. I looked at the sales guy and said hell no, their service department was never going to touch my car.

After explaining what is the original post on this thread (http://rl.acurazine.com/forums/showt...p?t=702118)the salesmen called the owner over and explained the situation. I was told he just purchased the dealership and the service department was staffed by all new people and I would be well taken care of. I decided to purchase the TL from Tischer.

Fast-forward 7 months and it’s now time for my first A1 service. I pulled the car into the Tischer service bay, handed the key to the tech and walked up to the service desk. As I am filling out a night time drop off paper the tech enter my car, starts it up and floors it, spinning the ties out of the bay…

Here is the email that I send to the dealer a week ago and have not hear anything back on…

---------------------------------------------------------------------

To the wonderful people who help me make a bad decision...

I am writing you tonight regarding my experiences I had with your service department on 09/19/2012 at approximately 7:15 PM.

I purchased a 2012 Acura TL SH-AWD from your dealership a little more than seven months ago. I was dropping the vehicle off for its first service with your service department and the service tech decided it was a good idea to drive my car recklessly through your service station lighting up the tires as he pulled out of the bay. I can assure you that he lacks the skills necessary to be driving in such a manner therefor he not only endangered his co-workers who were standing no more than 5 feet from my car but also put my vehicle at risk as well.

I was standing at the counter as this took place and was able to see everything through the window behind the girl who was filling out my information in the computer. As the car went by your assclown of a tech was grinning. I promptly informed the girl behind the counter to get my car back now. Which she responded "are you serious" as if she was surprised that I was unhappy with how my car was being treated and I wanted it back. I instructed her to get my car back and get the service manager. After speaking with the service manager and the owner, who were too busy being preoccupied with a car clinic to actually take my complaint seriously.

This is not the first problem I have had with the service department here. You can see the result of three or four visits is the videos below. Unfortunately, what is not shown is the argument I had to have with the service department manager about why one of my headlights had a yellowish tint and not crisp white like the other one was when I picked up the car.

The first excuse was I needed to give the lamp 17 hours to "burn in" so I waited but there was no change.

I returned and told them it’s been more than 17 hours and the bulb is still yellow so they took it back.

When I picked up the car again I was surprised to see the yellow color was now coming from the other headlight and the one I originally had the problem with was fixed. Not only did it appear they just swapped the bulbs around the drives side now projected a dark streak out on the ground.

Again, I returned to the service department to have these problems resolved. I received a call informing me that it was all fixed and good to go. When I arrived to pick up my car the drive side was fixed but the passenger side now had a yellowish tint to it. Your service manager tried to tell me that my car was old (it was 4 at the time) and that the headlamp casing was weathered, chipped, dirty, etc. and therefor distorting the color making it yellowish in tint. He went on to explain that it was only noticeable because he was nice enough to replace the entire headlight assembly on the driver side and what I was seeing was the difference between new vs. old headlight casings. He was obviously mentally challenged so I held myself back from kicking him in the junk for being stupid.

I left the dealership in a ghetto ass RL and more pissed off than ever. As I made the first right out of the dealership lot and my headlamps did not return to the normal driving position. I pulled over and restarted the car and they aligned so I continued on. Every single fucking turn I made on my way home the headlights would get stuck. Not only did your service department give my car back looking all ghetto but they created a safety problem at the same time. Seems to be a reoccurring issue with your service department.

I'll wrap this up with the following...

Norris Acura in Ellicott City was not only able to fix the yellowish tint and the active headlight system, they did it in one try. The kicker... The headlights were getting stuck because someone messed up the wiring harness creating a short. Hmm... Assclowns.

Here are the videos...

After you watch these videos I would like to point you to my other car videos. I am heavily involved multiple enthusiast car and Jeep clubs whose members enjoy the qualities of higher end luxury and sport vehicles. I would only hope that if other members have unresolved issues with dealerships and their service departments that they make other members aware helping them steer clear of assclown techs who endanger people and property. Therefore, it is my plan to do so by sending this email to the presidents and key members of these organizations in effort to spread the word about Tischer Acura Nissan in Laurel, MD.

I am holding a letter dated January 31st 2012 which states the following...

Dear Joseph,

I would like to thank you once again for the opportunity to assist you with he purchase of your 2012 Acura TL... Please remember that at our dealership your satisfaction is our number one priority. If there is ever anything you need, please contact me.

Sincerely,

<singed>

Bruce Breinig
General Manager
301-498-3322
bbreinig@tischerauto.com
www.tischerauto.com

Well Bruce, it is time to make good our your number one priory. At this point I will refrain from notifying my friends, associates, and club members to give you time to decide how you plan to rectify these perpetual shortcomings within your broken organization.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it is important for the Acura and car enthusiasts community as a whole to hold dealerships and service stations accountable for their promises and actions. I implore you to take a few minutes out of your day to contact Tischer and let them know how messed up this situation is.

Tischer Acura Nissan
3510 Laurel Fort Meade Road Laurel, MD 20724
(301) 498-3322

tbrickner.tischerauto@contactdealer.com
skarlin@tischerauto.com
ZSmith@tischerauto.com
bbreinig@tischerauto.com

I will leave you with this advice, whatever you do, never go to

Tischer Acura Nissan
3510 Laurel Fort Meade Road Laurel, MD 20724
(301) 498-3322

I made this mistake twice, learn from me.

They will mess your car and not be able to fix it. They will also drive your car around recklessly while it’s in their care. Don't trust your car with them no matter its age. Their service is staffed by a bunch of ass clowns!

If you want an Acura, which you should, go to

Norris Acura West
8559 Baltimore National Pike Ellicott City, MD 21043
(410) 461-7000

They know what they are doing and their service staffed professionals who get the job done right the first time.

Last edited by slick230; 09-26-2012 at 10:06 AM.