Notices

Removing the hood on a 2003 CL?

Old 07-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Bonzai80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing the hood on a 2003 CL?

What's up guys?

First and foremost, I want to preface this post expressing how stoked I am to finally join such an active and enthusiastic group of Honda & Acura owners! I hope to interact with all of you at some point or another

And now onto my question- my buddy wants to swap the hood of his 2003 CL with a carbon fibre unit but he has no idea how to remove the hood so he asked me to assist him. I consider myself a novice recreational mechanic but have never removed a hood before. How difficult is it to remove the CL's hood?

I referenced this CL hood diagram and it appears as though there are a few bolts adhering the hood to the body but I would appreciate it if someone could provide insights into the removal procedure

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-22-2011, 01:01 AM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All you have to do is remove the bolts on the hood. I believe the carbon fiber hood uses the stock hinges.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.