Notices

04 TL BT/HFL Issue - request help please

Old 10-26-2009, 08:27 AM
uminchu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 TL BT/HFL Issue - request help please

Hello, I have owned an 04 TL w/navi since new, and I have a bit of a Catch 22 thing going with the HFL. Over the years, my wife and I have owned and paired several phones to the car. Over the weekend, I ran the pairing routine for a new phone, and the HFL responded that all six bluetooth slots are full, would I like to delete any phones. I deleted five phones, one at a time, then had it list all phones. The only phone it names is my wife's phone. So far, so good. Unfortunately, any and all subsequent reattempts to pair the new phone continue to receive the "six phones are currently paired" response. If I tell it to list again, it only names the one phone.

I called the dealer for advice; they have no ideas but want $100, minimum, (and I quote) "Because this is an extremely complex and time consuming process." I thanked him and ended the call with a shrug, because I can do a 30 minute battery disconnect for free; I was just hoping to avoid reentering the radio codes and stations. For $100, I'll start writing the stations down and punching buttons, unless someone has experience with this and can hopefully offer an alternative.

I hope I am not repeating a prior issue. If so, I apologize, I did run a search prior to posting. Any help appreciated, thanks in advance.