Notices

Tech help - 2000 TL

Old 04-23-2009, 12:25 PM
BrentonTL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tech help - 2000 TL

my new car, 2000 TL

I'm worried about the tranny. Everything seems fine so I want to make sure I keep it in top shape. What are some tips to keeping it in good condition?

The only thing I noticed is that when I'm gunning it hard and turning it shakes like a mad man. What in the world is that?

Also, the guy I bought it from said NOT to use it in the manual shift setting, that it's bad for the trans. Is it true and why is that?

I really wanna take care of this car. The interior is super clean and I wanna make sure the engine maintains it's prime as well. Any feedback is appreciated!
Old 04-23-2009, 07:49 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am guessing that when you are gunning it hard and turning and it shakes, it has something to do with your car being so low and your front tires possibly rubbing inside the fender. As for using the manual mode, it would not affect your tranny either way.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.