Notices

Tire Suggestion

Old 10-27-2008, 04:04 PM
jkim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Suggestion

I own a 2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S

If you guys can suggest what tires I should get and where with a price estimate that would be great.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:27 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

www.tirerack.com
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:20 PM
DanF

Originally Posted by jkim
I own a 2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S

If you guys can suggest what tires I should get and where with a price estimate that would be great.

I bought Bridgestone G009 50 series tires for my '02 CL Type S. I previously owned 45 series Toyos, which were better performance tires, but were not as good as the Bridgestones for general driving. The slightly higher walls of the 50 series are better against pot holes, driveways, etc, and I don't worry on every bump. If you want all-out performance tires, look elsewhere, but the trade-off is less mileage and risk of damage on bumps. BUT, compared to the stock tires on my CL-S, the Bridgestones were night-and-day difference. They are uni-directional, so you can only rotate front-to-back, back-to-front. At first, after installing the Bridgestones, I thought there was something wrong with my car because the car felt like it was riding in a groove, but I realized this was the tire tread keeping the car riding in a direct path instead of wandering all over the road. The Bridgestones were also MUCH quiter than the stock Michelins. I've currently logged 45K miles on my Bridgestones and they hardly look worn. I don't think Bridgstone makes the G009 tires any longer, but I'm sure they make something very similar. Back a few years ago, each tire was $110, which was half the cost of Michelin or Dunlop. My son also bought the G009's for his '03 Nissan Altima, and they replaced a set of Kuhmo tires that wore out after 30K miles.