Notices

air intake question

Old 10-13-2008, 10:36 PM
AcuraLove30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air intake question

I just moved from PA to Denver and a couple of people have mentioned to me that my car's air intake might have to be adjusted. They also told me that I would have to contact a dealership and have a "reflash" performed due to the higher altitude that I now live in. I have noticed that my milage has dropped a touch, but is it a serious concern? And if it is, is there anything I can do myself without taking it to the dealership?
Old 10-15-2008, 06:18 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

No need to do that, your car will adjust to the higher altitude automatically. Your car is getting worst mileage is because at higher altitute, the air is less dense and your car producing less power than it would be at sea level. Less power means your engine needs to work harder to get the same amount of horsepower and that is the reason why your mileage is going down.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:45 PM
AcuraLove30

Thanks for the info, you probably just saved me about 300 dollars.