Notices

Honda/Acura V6 Tranny Warranty Extended

Old 10-01-2002, 11:47 AM
DTK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2-3 week back order? Where are you located as there is no such thing right now. Transmissions take 3-4 days to get in. Me thinks the dealer is pulling your leg.
Old 10-01-2002, 01:00 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

My guess is that since that article came out, alot of car owners are probably bringing in their cars to the dealership for potential bad trannys and the dealerships probably did find alot of bad trannys, hence, the back order.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 10-01-2002, 06:08 PM
DTK

I will check in the morning and either disclaim this or confirm it.
Old 10-02-2002, 08:22 AM
thebirdman

I appreciate your looking into the back-order fiasco. I'm not sure if anyone out there knows any of the specifics of the tranny problem. As I was driving, my check engine, VSA light and the explination point light all went on and stayed on. Is this normal??!?!?
Old 10-02-2002, 02:25 PM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

Originally posted by thebirdman
I appreciate your looking into the back-order fiasco. I'm not sure if anyone out there knows any of the specifics of the tranny problem. As I was driving, my check engine, VSA light and the explination point light all went on and stayed on. Is this normal??!?!?
It is not normal, I believe it is an indication that your tranny is gone.
Comptech Icebox, Headers, Exhaust, Lowering Springs and Sway Bars. Mugen front grille. Inspire tailamps. MOMO Sport 18 X 7.5 +42 offset. Axxis Metal Master front/rear pad. 2 Polk/MOMO 10" subs, Orion Xtreme 500.4 amplifier and Alpine CD changer.

Old 10-02-2002, 06:35 PM
DTK

Ok there is no national back order. Sometimes they may be short on transmissions as they are rebuilt units. Yes sometimes it may take 2-3 weeks, but ACURA takes care of its car better than any other maker out there. It also shows they are willing to take care of us becuase of the voluntary extending of warranties. I think this shows that even if you have a transmission issue, You have nothing to worry about as it will get repaired for free. Keep in mind you should not ignore your transmission by never gettting it serviced.
Old 10-03-2002, 08:20 AM
thebirdman

Just a little update on my issue. Somehow, they managed to get a tranny yesterday and had my car done this morning. I guess if they want to, they can do this A.S.A.P. The service department at my dealer was awesome to deal with. Thanks for all your responses.
Old 10-03-2002, 09:40 AM
AcuraTL
Lord Vader Moderator

Glad you got your car back. Hope everything works out.

Old 10-18-2002, 03:53 AM
jimshu1

This problem has been known for a long time with the 1999 3.2 TL's. I think it is an injustice to ignore the 1999 models!
Old 12-01-2002, 01:59 PM
lubs
Jack of few trades

Originally posted by DTK
1.6% is nothing to get in a panic about. 1.6% of all Honda'sand Acura's. Not 1.6% of Acura's. I can see it now, people flocking to the dealerships wanting a new transmission.
haha... what's the difference? 1.6% of both Hondas and Acuras means 1.6% of Acuras and 1.6% of Hondas. It's a percentage, not a raw number.

1.6% shouldn't get the average driver worried, but it does mean that thousands of cars could potentially be affected.

Quick Reply: Honda/Acura V6 Tranny Warranty Extended